Thermoquad kickdown with lokar cable

ALTOcal69

Reaction score
I have a thermoquad I want to install with a lokar kickdown cable, but the throttle lever on the thermoquad only functions with the a kickdown lever. The action is reversed if using a cable. Any ideas on how to accomplish this? My Edelbrock carb was the correct throttle lever that pulls the kickdown forward when the throttle is pulled back. There are a lot of throttle adaptors from Mancini racing or Hughes engines, but none are clearly the right solution. Does anyone know?

I currently have an edelbrock carb installed. I have a thermoquad in the garage which I liked better, but i can't figure out how to get my cable style linkage to work with it. I have seen the gm version of thermoquad which seems to have a more useful bracket. I was just wondering if anyone has used a thermoquad and cable kickdown. Someone has to have that combo because any non-stock intake and the solid rod OEM style kickdown doesn't work correctly.

Here is a good video on the cable install but with a edelbrock.

That's great, but I already have that setup down. I'm trying do the exact same thing with a thermoquad. I'm hoping someone has installed a thermoquad on an automatic car that has a kickdown cable rather than the stock rod system.

You will have to add a piece to have it hang down below the shaft to pull forward. I would just use the stock linkage and raise the throttle/kickdown bracket with cut and weld.

Back