This post over on the "B" Body forum made me sick...

Never been to FBBO. WHY do you think I asked? And never having been there, notice that I have never mentioned FBBO...

The reason I gave up on Moparts is some rich guy who buys a car with a sloppily thrown in 560" dual quad Hemi with a cam that won't run below 3,000RPM will cry like a little girl and ask why it bogs when pulling out of Dairy Queen the one day a week he drives it, yet he can give you a Doctorate's dissitation (sp?) on why the polish he uses is the only polish anyone should use.

Then it's compounded by the 100 replies from the peanut gallery offering fixes shot from the hip that jump in with zero necessary info to even start diagnosing why.
I can't stand that crap.
Signed,
IOA
Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
FBBO is not bad, there is a core group over there like here then there are the one topic posters and once they have their answer they are gone till the next time they have a problem. I like it because there is a lot of experience over there for actually trying the aftermarket pieces by normal people. They do have their $750 pistons to go to Dairy Queen crowd which makes no sense but they also have a lot of people running really fast without remortgaging their house.

Never been to FBBO. WHY do you think I asked? And never having been there, notice that I have never mentioned FBBO...

The reason I gave up on Moparts is some rich guy who buys a car with a sloppily thrown in 560" dual quad Hemi with a cam that won't run below 3,000RPM will cry like a little girl and ask why it bogs when pulling out of Dairy Queen the one day a week he drives it, yet he can give you a Doctorate's dissitation (sp?) on why the polish he uses is the only polish anyone should use.

Then it's compounded by the 100 replies from the peanut gallery offering fixes shot from the hip that jump in with zero necessary info to even start diagnosing why.
I can't stand that crap.
Signed,
IOA

It wasn't clear, to me anyway, that you were only talking Moparts or exactly who you were responding to so I asked. I didn't think you were a member at FBBO but that wouldn't stop you from viewing threads there or any of the "For ... Only" Family of sites. I'm not saying you have been to FBBO or want to mind you. Just trying to follow and wanted to let you know that you wouldn't get that experience at FBBO. I'm not poking you.

There are lots of great people over on FBBO. I look forward to picking back up where I left off when I get back to my RR resto.

Fbbo is a great site with some really knowledgeable folks. I've learned from some and have contributed.
Just the nature of the "muscle car" site draws a younger crowd, which translates to a group with no clue or ability to appreciate a type of vehicle outside of their own interests. I know, I used to be one.
Sometimes a good kick in the butt is needed to "steer" them in a direction.

When I do that I'm always called an ignorant old *******.
What's my comeback to that?

Well for starters that type of response would be very rare on FBBO and would not be tolerated. And if you were to being civil and not putting the group as a whole or an individual down I'd say it would not happen at all.

Are you sure you are not thinking of Moparts? I know you are a members there, are you even a member on FBBO?

Nobody's understanding I'm using "called an IOA" as a euphemism for the clash between the generations. I'm PM'ing every member the definitions and uses of Euphemism.

FYI .. this is over on FBBO if you guys want to help the guy out. Thought maybe one of you might be interested?

Funny this came up. I need a 440 and trans for my car. I found a 71 c300 4sale. Car has 75000 miles and three year old new trans. This guy has been trying to sell this car for a long time and his wife wants it gone like now. I dont want the car and have no place or time to deal with this car. I can get the car for $800. I hear what you all are saying what would you guys do?

He's in Florida btw

I don't understand the whole writing below the line thing...... In a pm why would it matter were you write. I'am asking an honest question. I would prefer a real answer. Not just cause it says so.....

Like that?

No

The line has been there less than a month .. started on 25 or 26 Dec.

I like it. What do you guys think?

The reason for it is some people respond in the middle of the person's comment
What are you talking about?

they are responding too when PMs go back and forth

When that happens its hard to find their response

when someone types their response in a PM or a quoted comment by someone else.

It makes me want to write below the line...

I'm a rebel like that.

I think I wrote below the line in my response to Matt I hope he doesn't turn me in? Oh did I say that outloud ooops.

No

when someone types their response in a PM or a quoted comment by someone else.

Shouldnt we all be able to figure it out without the kindergarten teacher telling us "do not" or perhaps those that cant shouldnt be on a computer OR they should ask their kindergartener

Back