This post over on the "B" Body forum made me sick...

Shouldnt we all be able to figure it out without the kindergarten teacher telling us "do not" or perhaps those that cant shouldnt be on a computer OR they should ask their kindergartener

Ask Joey. I wasn't a part of the decision making process.

I was just explaining it but it seemed like an obvious improvement to me

I personally think it's great but you can ignore it if you want

P.S. it's only in PMs my example above is just an illustration

You can still hide your comments in someone else's quoted comments

Ask Joey. I wasn't a part of the decision making process.

I was just explaining it but it seemed like an obvious improvement to me

I personally think it's great but you can ignore it if you want

P.S. it's only in PMs my example above is just an illustration

You can still hide your comments in someone else's quoted comments

Thank You, believe it or not I figured all that out already :eek:ccasion14:

That's some world class moderating. Keep that up and you won't have to carry your bullet in your shirt pocket.

Sounds like the H.A.M.B..........

Never been to FBBO. WHY do you think I asked? And never having been there, notice that I have never mentioned FBBO...

The reason I gave up on Moparts is some rich guy who buys a car with a sloppily thrown in 560" dual quad Hemi with a cam that won't run below 3,000RPM will cry like a little girl and ask why it bogs when pulling out of Dairy Queen the one day a week he drives it, yet he can give you a Doctorate's dissitation (sp?) on why the polish he uses is the only polish anyone should use.

Then it's compounded by the 100 replies from the peanut gallery offering fixes shot from the hip that jump in with zero necessary info to even start diagnosing why.
I can't stand that crap.
Signed,
IOA
Posted via Topify on Android

I love the passion that I've seen in this tread. I haven't gone to the fbbo site. Makes no sense for me to get my b/p up to stroke level over a guy who should just buy a shiny new crate engine and leave the true American steel cars alone. One might say that you'd have to be a commi to want to destroy a perfectly good "c" body car in a derby. All that steel ends up in China. And for what...an engine? Boats, land yachts, bulldozers are unique and it takes a unique person to see the beauty. Maybe, the boat haters don't have a place to put them. From a woman's eye, this is a form of short garage syndrome. (Please don't ask what that is. Those of you that know me, knows what I mean) See, b/p still within normal limits and I caught myself laughing. xoxo

Been ages since I trolled the H.A M.B.
I use the word troll because I read but do not participate.
I found it having a lot of guys with intense spirit and desire to get their hands dirty. I really respect that. I could spend hours in there just reading and learning.
Your mileage may vary.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
There is an amazing amount of talent on that forum. I have many threads bookmarked that I refer to quite often.

I joined the HAMB a few years back. Received negativity and disrespect right from the start. Really never went back to participate, other than checking in on some decent threads.

There would have to be someone bitching about it not being traditional......

Queue Stan...

I joined the HAMB a few years back. Received negativity and disrespect right from the start. Really never went back to participate, other than checking in on some decent threads.

Their new forum format sucks. Made for tablet users. Haven't been back since the op made the change and refused to change it back (I pray garage journal doesn't follow suit.). KillBillet is just as good.

I haven't cared for their new format either. I can't scan for stuff that interests me as easily.

The core group is a tough bunch and I pretty much stand on the sidelines and watch. I don't post much, but I've never felt not welcomed either. The mods are pretty diligent too. It still isn't for everyone....

I used to go to the Garage Journal regularly, but when Ryan (owner HAMB) bought that, it changed and I never really liked it after that. Nothing bad, just not my type of forum.

The H.A.M.B.. I was trying to recall why that name was familiar...

couple of guys "rode my a** like Zorro" over there back in 2008 (?) over one of my cars that I had for sale on Ebay. that is NOT an indictment of the whole site mind you. i am sure there are good folks there too. and there was some fascinating stuff there in my brief perusal back when i was getting hammered and just now when i looked it up again.

but I was the guy, by rough analogy, just walking across the street from the party when a couple of guys at the party looked out the window and decided they didn't like my face and decided to rearrange it for me.

i said something about "thinning the herd" as the reason for selling the car and got kicked around like a human "hacky sack" for 20 posts or so about being a "spoiled brat with too many toys".

seems like these forums DO have "personalities"? the HAMB says they want to "spread the gospel of traditional Hot Rods and Kustoms to hoodlums worldwide..be the voice of the working man, a tool in the toolbox of the guy that does it himself, and a place where citizen journalists could show the "big-time" media a thing or two....haven't done it all yet but we aim to in time..."

I don't have anything bad to say about that goal ..i like it and I like target marketing too but there are a couple of ways to interpret that statement. they also state their rules upfront which is cool too. I guess they are also clearly saying what their site is/isnt so one knows what to expect when they "join the party".

again, NO negative indictment of the whole HAMB site it intended..just my one-time and limited experience with it when it landed on my head.

I knew that my car was "too new"(68) and a 4 door when I joined, but it is customized with some style. My introduction thread was 6 pages long filled with hate. I guess I couldn't get it through my head that some people can't respect other peoples taste in builds, so I argued to the point where it got nasty, which is something I try not to do on the internet. One guy was from the other side of town here in Denver and I wanted to hunt this a$$hole down at the next car show in his area. I just decided remove myself from the situation. I don't even remember my password to that sh*thole.

Back