Thread for Craigslist morons

Just speculating... I'd bet he/someone paid $1500 for the RV, at least another $500 to tow it home... probably $1000 throwing parts at it to try to get it to run... pulled the engine and paid $300 for the dumpster the Styrofoam and paneling body went into (or just abandoned the thing if not on his property). Another $1000 on sillyass headers, chinese chrome and wallyworld paint...

Nobody has heard this run, and there will be drama when viewing about why he can't start it... One good possibility is the "starter went bad" as the engine is locked up and won't even turn (new gaskets make this almost make sense). Now he's trying to match the price of the most expense HP engine he could find, or he's added up the receipts he could find and figures it must be worth that in parts alone...

Even when scrap prices are high, nobody wants an old RV... if you look hard enough, you can get someone to give it to you (non-running) if you take the whole thing.
I actually sent him a text and let him know a more realistic price range (still more than I'd pay for a pig wearing lipstick). New gaskets and detailed? Also told him the trans won't work in anything other than an rv. He was pretty cool about the whole thing, joked about the trans not fitting when he would have gotten around to putting it in a '40 Plymouth.

1940 Plymouth business coupe Mopar

You could save $400 and buy the car and engine.

I actually sent him a text and let him know a more realistic price range (still more than I'd pay for a pig wearing lipstick). New gaskets and detailed? Also told him the trans won't work in anything other than an rv. He was pretty cool about the whole thing, joked about the trans not fitting when he would have gotten around to putting it in a '40 Plymouth.

1940 Plymouth business coupe Mopar

You could save $400 and buy the car and engine.
I'll save $6k and not buy any of it...

Has to go here...

1965 Chrysler 300 2 door big block 383
1965 Chrysler 300 2 door VERY STRAIGHT BODY bucket seats power windows power steering power door locks
Engine runs excellent, no smoke and super smooth.
Needs a transmission and some love.
New : Schumacher headers, Holley carburetor, Edelbrock intake, plugs, wires, ignition, electric fan, oil pump, trunk seal, aluminum driveshaft , etc.
Set up for 5/6 speed or automatic
Judging by the gas and brake pedals I think the mileage is original
The interior: new carpet (not installed), tunnel was cut to fit larger 5 speed ( original metal can be welded back in or larger metal to accommodate larger 5 speed can be welded in ), Searts need recovered due to sun damage, needs headliner.
Mopar 440 project rat rod Belvedere Dodge Plymouth 318 360 426 hemi
00K0K_dWITLMwgXw2_600x450.jpg
00D0D_bhYhwotne4T_1200x900.jpg
00f0f_bQeWbcccUfs_1200x900.jpg
01414_lMNQJfy0ooJ_1200x900.jpg

I want $30,000...

1970 Dodge Charger 500

I have a 1970 Dodge Charger 500 for sale. Its in non-op condition and needs work both body and mechanical to get it back into driving condition.

It has the original 383 engine with a 727 Torqueflite transmission. Currently its painted black with a black vinyl top. Pretty good interior just need to put a carpet in.

Unfortunately, the car was involved in a accident .. there is front end damage on the drive side..
(but I have most of the parts to replace the damage)

These are really scarce classic cars so a knowledgeable car enthusiast knows its worth...

Asking for $30,000 or Best Offer..
00909_5v3DX98Zz7w_1200x900.jpg
00909_57WlJnXpr7g_1200x900.jpg
01414_8oH2fU7dxSa_1200x900.jpg

I don't get how people value these. :BangHead:

1973 440 ci mopar engine

View attachment 187021

$2800

1973 440ci mopar engine. I was told it came out of a motor home and had 45,000 miles on it. I was told it was the last year of the steel crank. I detailed the engine and put new gaskets in it. It is on a test stand and you can hear it run. Runs great. Also included is the auto trannny. Took the pan off and the fluid was nice and clean. New gaskets and fluid in the tranny. Call Jim

:wtf: @cantflip, this is normal in Florida?
That would look nice in Big Red.

Au contraire, you moron...
I hope he replies to my email I sent. He must think he has the same thing as a '69 Charger 500. Let's see, they only made 500 of them, right? No, 27,000+ in '70 there pal. Just a trim package, and over half of the 1970 MY Charger were 500's?

Back