Thread for Craigslist morons

Been a while since I've contributed here...

1960's Pontiac Phoenix Hood Ornament - auto parts - by owner -...
1960's Pontiac Phoenix Hood Ornament - $60
01616_8VTjJ34jBG4z_0iP0CI_1200x900.jpg

1960's Chrysler Imperial Hood ornament

He did get it right in the end... think he wanted to "make the list"?

What's wrong with the spare tire? It's unused and still has a sticker on it. Is that what's wrong? It's not the original tire?
What is doctored on the bottom? Looks pretty clean. Did they paint the floor boards or something from the bottom?

Keys are near perfect and the brake pedal appears to have little to no wear, what we can see of it.

Why is the engine bay painted black?

At 67K, I would think they would deliver it to my house with the hurst girls accompanying it. Or some kind of 20K worth of a hell of a party.

Nice wagon, just overpriced. I don't see anything fishy. Looks like factory undercoat on the chassis....
The Firestone tires are old though, not safe to drive on.

That's ridiculous.
Here's a picture from 35 years ago, that I will take a picture of and then take a picture of the reflection for the ad.
5K? For a car that hasn't been driven in 35 years. I seriously doubt that it is worth 5K.

Yeah, Yeah, I was wrong. It turned out to be a really good car. I've got to keep that in mind. No matter what the situation is, I must not use stereotypes, expectations and assumptions.
Nice buy.

That's ridiculous.
Here's a picture from 35 years ago, that I will take a picture of and then take a picture of the reflection for the ad.
5K? For a car that hasn't been driven in 35 years. I seriously doubt that it is worth 5K.

That's the first red X I've ever received. 20 years on the forums and that's the first.

Now this is a MORON...

Might have been a moron, but it got sold...

Introducing a 1970 300 TNT convertible

Yeah, Yeah, I was wrong. It turned out to be a really good car. I've got to keep that in mind. No matter what the situation is, I must not use stereotypes, expectations and assumptions.
Nice buy.

I appreciate the buyer acknowledging those who never dismiss an ad. Everybody has their own way of advertising. To some, the technology is tough and they do the best they can with what they have. Others simply think they are out smarting someone. YOU GOTTA follow all leads if you are remotely interested.
In this situation the morons are the naysayers.

What's wrong with the spare tire? It's unused and still has a sticker on it. Is that what's wrong? It's not the original tire?
What is doctored on the bottom? Looks pretty clean. Did they paint the floor boards or something from the bottom?

Keys are near perfect and the brake pedal appears to have little to no wear, what we can see of it.

Why is the engine bay painted black?

Spare tire wheel has a whole lot of wheel cover rash for a 6k car, A Firestone sticker tire is meh for a mid 70's car. Anyone remember the big Firestone recall that almost tanked the company in the 70's? But why would anyone put Firestone tires on their car even if they were free from the recall, many just pitched them and went to Goodyear's. And if you can't see the spray job on the underside by the springs and black paint on the disc shields lord help'ya, sloppy cover-up.
And the Keys? Yea it looks like someone carried the key's around in their pocket for 40 years and never drove the car, that much chrome don't get wore off in 6k miles.

Granted it's a nice looking car but I don't believe the mileage at all, and at that mileage this car should be show room condition like that other late 70's Fury with 4k on the clock. I'm really surprised we haven't seen this one before, I searched around the net for quite awhile and found nothing but I'll bet half the 67k ask is just to cover transportation costs that this one has accumulated in the flipper merry-go-round over the decades.

1967 Chrysler New Yorker Coup - $12,000 (Colorado springs)
1967 Chrysler New Yorker Coup - antiques - by owner - collectibles...
00h0h_bFMCK7VXr84z_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

00k0k_b5A2mRtiDjGz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00A0A_lNaACBGCXcAz_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_ggbf4bI26abz_0t20CI_600x450.jpg

I have an antique new yorker with powered window and seats. Rebult 442 motor with around 30 miles on it. Needs minor mechanical work but runs and drives good. I do not have the title but I have searched into it and the VIN is clear. Car needs new interior and outside paint.

I think he added to that moron status with the 442 statement.
Drives good? How many miles can you put on a car that is non registered and non titled? drives good around the block maybe.

Back