TINA PATINA (73 4dr Imperial) will join her GINGER SIBs in MINNESOTA

I think about my storage space situation I have choreographed once in awhile...and I like my present status...the herd is somewhat spread out in different zip codes and very inconspicuous (to wifey) for being large vehicles in profile.

To get them altogether I would have a headache: have to buy more land, secure permits, build large structure, pay utilities, taxes, maintenance, insurance...probably cut grass on the land...I cut enough grass now with 2 properties...just what I don't need.

I like not having all my eggs in one basket in case there's a fire, natural disaster, theft...and lose the whole herd at once.
Am I irrational?

I think about my storage space situation I have choreographed once in awhile...and I like my present status...the herd is somewhat spread out in different zip codes and very inconspicuous (to wifey) for being large vehicles in profile.

To get them altogether I would have a headache: have to buy more land, secure permits, build large structure, pay utilities, taxes, maintenance, insurance...probably cut grass on the land...I cut enough grass now with 2 properties...just what I don't need.

I like not having all my eggs in one basket in case there's a fire, natural disaster, theft...and lose the whole herd at once.
Am I irrational?
No, sounds quite sensible- should anything happen you'll still have an imperial or more to enjoy, keep all in a shed and it burns down then all 6 (5?) are lost.

Not irrational, but I hate driving to get to some of my cars, and then there's the mess of having stripped cars, and all the parts that are scattered about on top of some of them. I have storage, but it not ideal. And for the money I spend, which is fairly cheap, I would rather out it towards a shop if my own. Right now, my parts are 10 miles north, and fifteen miles south west of my house. When I want to grab something, I'm gone for at least half an hour, that kinda slows things down a bit. The southwest car should be stripped early next year, and then I'll just have more parts to stack.

No, sounds quite sensible- should anything happen you'll still have an imperial or more to enjoy, keep all in a shed and it burns down then all 6 (5?) are lost.

The correct summary is five:
Big Red
Old Red
Little Red
Tina Patina
McGoldy

T. Patina update: good news the power seat motor works. Some pinched wires under seat and some burned wires in the sills were the culprit. They're going thru the whole harness checking the wires. Then, I believe fuel tank is next.
IMG_20181211_103451659 (2).jpg
IMG_20181211_130454582 (2).jpg
IMG_20181211_130503618 (1).jpg
IMG_20181211_130441849 (1).jpg

The correct summary is five:
Big Red
Old Red
Little Red
Tina Patina
McGoldy
Now for Goldilocks and Little Red Riding Hood.

Lol.
T. Patina update: good news the power seat motor works. Some pinched wires under seat and some burned wires in the sills were the culprit. They're going thru the whole harness checking the wires. Then, I believe fuel tank is next.
View attachment 236815 View attachment 236816 View attachment 236817 View attachment 236818
Excellent, safety first and peace of mind for you.

Am I irrational?

Here is a solution for you:

far as I know...no 72-73 Imperial 1/25th scale models ever made...which blows my mind...and why not?

I´ve heard from a fellow car modeler (who´s been in the hobby from the 60s) that all years of Fusie Imps are made in that scale. They pop up for sale on eBay every once in a while.

I´ve heard from a fellow car modeler (who´s been in the hobby from the 60s) that all years of Fusie Imps are made in that scale. They pop up for sale on eBay every once in a while.
Think I have only seen personally 1/25th scale 69-71 vintage Imperial models.

Doc,
Question for you...
So you have 72s and 73s with various options/ differences that cover just about every option offered (except Sure Brake). Yes these cars are largely the same, but there were changes between the years (seat patterns etc).
What little things do you notice/prefer between the 2 years?

When I had my Formal Imperials, there were things between the 74 & 75 (cloth patterns, headliner, grilles etc) that were different and I had my preferences.
Just curious.

Electrical wires sorted out for now. Onto the tank...booster back in 3 weeks.
View attachment 237123 View attachment 237124 View attachment 237125
Well dang Doc, I have to confess I'm probably the idiot that pinched those wires... The previous owner took the carpet out, but just cut it around the seat tracks. Trying to pretty it up before pickup I took the seats loose to get those "remnants" out. Never entered my mind to make sure I didn't pinch those wires. Pretty sure the power seats worked prior to that. my bad.... I'll make it up to you somehow.

Back