Tires and rims

Question guys. I found the wheels but the only two options I have are 5x8 4inch backspace or 15x8 4.5 backspace. Most say 4.25 backspace but not available. What would you guys suggest? Also will these rims require a different wheel nut then the mag ones already on the car now?

Last edited:
Turboomni, your mailbox is full, so asking here. What backspacing are you wheels? And does your Fury have discbrakes? I love the look, would like that on my 69 Fury.

I put 275/45R18's on the rear of my 66 new yorker. 245/45R10's on the front.I had to do a lot of research to find rims with the correct backspacing and awesome look. 6mm is what worked. I used a straight edge and a tape measure to figure out the distance from the brake drum to the leaf spring and the inside of the wheel well. You really need to take measurements and find out what your vehicle will accept. A lot of the wheels come in several backspacings. Pick the wrong one and you have wasted a lot of money. There are several tire sites on the net that have diagrams to help.

John I will definitly do some measuring, use the sites and do research. Especially since I live in Europe and sending back wrong wheels gets really expensive ;-)
Thanks for you help.

John, let me know what tire size works for you. I want 22 or even 24 inch in the rear for my 72 Fury with 295 tire on it so I dont know if this is even possible. I also live in Holland btw :)

John, let me know what tire size works for you. I want 22 or even 24 inch in the rear for my 72 Fury with 295 tire on it so I dont know if this is even possible. I also live in Holland btw :)
Hallo mede Fury eigenaar en Rotterdammer. Hoe toevallig is dat! Ik woon inmiddels niet meer in de stad, maar er vlakbij. Groeten Aad

I have the Córdoba wheels and get a number of complimentary comments about the combo working

2CC84BB6-99C4-4E37-B4A1-4509E2F0EF03.jpeg

I know it's an older thread, and the answer might not help the OP at this point, but worth sharing, because I did exactly what he was asking about.
I put 275-60-15s on 15x8 Ramcharger 4x4 wheels on the rear. These wheels are same as a 15x7 car rim, but the extra 1" width goes totally to teh outside. The Ramcharger rim is 4.25" BS (or maybe 4"). This give 'the look' that hte OP was after. But it also can cause fitment issues.

First pic isn't an ideal angle, but you can see the hubcap is further inward.
Next pic shows 2 creases in a Slab rear wheelwell (although 65-66 Chrysler might be different with their mandatory fenderskirts).
The inner crease likely isn't a problem - but the outer one (the blue line) will be with wide tires.
I wanted to retain my fenderskirts, and the latch-handle at the rear of the skirt lands right at the tire bulge.
At a buddy's house (he has a tire machine) we tried a set of 295/50s on these rims, and they were a no-go on the car: the tire was right on the latch (IIRC couldn't even install the skirts).
And the 295s looked stupid anyway - they filled the wheelwell front to back, it was all tire.
IIRC the 275/60s fit OK but the tire was very close to the latch, and I was worried about tire deflection unlatching the skirt in a turn.

So we dug thru his stash of rearends and got what we believed was 66-67 B-body. It was about 1" narrower each side but the perches were wrong. So we installed the Mopar offset spring mounting brackets up front and moved the rear shackle brackets inward also. Reused 2 original holes but had to drill 2 holes inboard. Fortunately, all of that kinda fell together as we went along, via measuring and digging thru parts he had.

When it was all done, it has maybe 1 fat finger of clearance at the fenderskirt latch-handle, and tons of room inward. Don't remember how much clearance at that crease. But in 15 years no marks nor sounds of rubbing, no trouble at all.

1651762119238.png

1651762315922.png

1651762887205.png

Back