Took a cool pic?

Well I took a bunch of pics and these three turned out kool.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well I took a bunch of pics and these three turned out kool.

darn fine work matt. :eusa_clap:

put my lame efforts last fall to shame . i gotta wait 18 years (for the next Blood Moon "tetrad") now to redeem myself.

can you tell us what camera type you used, circumstances of the shots, etc, if you get a chance?

Thanks Ray. I am not a photographer and I literally just used a point and click Canon Powershot Elph 520HS with 12x optical zoom. I did use a few different settings on it through the session but basically the low light setting zoomed all the way out with the Weber grill as a tripod.

I was a little ticked off at the clouds last night. I missed out on getting a few pictures last night, but it was clear tonight, so I did get a few of the full moon.

DSCN2447.jpg

DSCN2452.jpg

DSCN2454.jpg

And here's one from April last year in a partial eclipse.

DSCN0024.jpg

DSCN2447.jpg

DSCN2452.jpg

DSCN2454.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

As mentioned we put some miles under Missouri this past summer. Many trips around New Jersey most of which ended up at the Jersey shore.

These shots were taken a few weeks ago at the south end of Long Beach Island looking at the Atlantic City skyline

IMG_9927.jpgIMG_9953.jpgIMG_9943.jpgIMG_9949.jpgIMG_9960.jpgIMG_9953.jpgIMG_9936.jpg

IMG_9927.jpg

IMG_9953.jpg

IMG_9943.jpg

IMG_9949.jpg

IMG_9960.jpg

IMG_9936.jpg

Made some arrangements at home and I ducked out for a few days for some serious Me Time and a FTW.
The New Yorker ran flawlessly out to the Gulf Coast of Florida to a little Island called Captiva. The closest you can get to Polynesia without actually being there. F#$@ ! I LOVE MY NEW YORKER.
Enjoy, hopefully.

Entering onto Sanibel Island.
11kjwuw.jpg

which you travel on to cross over to Captiva Island.
t7in3l.jpg

You have to stop to get mandatory tourist pics with car, of course.
svi73c.jpg

dq63c9.jpg

And all that driving to see this...
2wp4fnq.jpg

oiehxc.jpg

Stunning pics, every one of them!

Back