Took a cool pic?

Yeah .. clouds. but I am a science nerd. meteorology included.

first two. Parkersburg WV like 7pm after a torrential rain. got so dark the parking lot lights came on. 10 minutes later, the dark blue clouds were giving way to sun and fluffy whites. unusual weather for that to happen .. temp aloft, updrafts, humidity all lining up.

20190629_183041.jpg
20190629_183053.jpg

today, 7am. still in Parkersburg. you can see the squall lines forming. humid as heck, the billowy whites turned into mini-cells that overtook me in Beckley at 11am.

20190630_072216.jpg
20190630_072239.jpg

btw, I-77/I-64 through WV is a beautiful drive in the fall. its all green and pretty now too, which is cool but when the colors change. breathtaking scenery

also the roadcuts show the coolest (you can even see coal seams) rocks .. part of the Appalachians, my mind drifts back 500M years when they were the size of the Himalayas today -- now 28,000 feet have eroded from them

Was in Gatlinburg Tennessee staying for a couple days on our way down to Bama.. sorry for the crappy quality. Was trying to grab my phone quick enough to catch the picture. You can Rent the “Off Roaders” to buzz around in.. cool. And in Gulfshores you can buy “Buds” if you’re into that kinda stuff. And the “Highboy” was haul’en *** down I-65 at 80 mph plus..
D6EAE1BD-73D4-4FFC-9B3C-B690598C9D88.jpeg
01AE046C-5049-4788-880F-DDD4CE601799.jpeg
4321503A-BB43-4467-AB56-5328FE268BD0.jpeg
DFE8E5E1-8CFD-4049-8D26-36C41BAF08B0.jpeg
39DC1297-984E-4560-8947-185E21426C87.jpeg

803535C4-2666-47D0-B781-BD3B09D87E9D.jpeg

C9FC2EDB-7A12-405A-B2E4-D44CF3E5905C.jpeg

Nothing fancy, just a couple of pics from my drive yesterday. Still a bit of snow in them hills. Hard to deal with all the traffic:lol:

20190629_122209.jpg

20190629_121043.jpg

20190629_120149.jpg

Last edited:
Difficult to tell, you ordered the standard spoiler over the optional SRT spoiler?
No choice of spoiler. Dobalovr and I went over every available option line by line. The Shaker came with that one in black, not body colour. First thing was to remove it and have it painted because I don't like the black, hence the stripe delete, too.

As bought

DSCN6639.JPG

During

20180726_150421.jpg

After, painted and an RT badge added

20180814_163010.jpg

Last edited:
No choice of spoiler. Dobalovr and I went over every available option line by line. The Shaker came with that one in black, not body colour. First thing was to remove it and have it painted because I don't like the black, hence the stripe delete, too.

As bought

View attachment 298604

During

View attachment 298617

View attachment 298624
:thankyou:
The base RT I presume then only has the one spoiler choice, Graham would know for sure.
I like the body colored spoiler better :thumbsup: and agree, no stripe.

:thankyou:
The base RT I presume then only has the one spoiler choice, Graham would know for sure.
I like the body colored spoiler better :thumbsup: and agree, no stripe.
Going to a Shaker made me lose the interior colour I wanted and the body colour spoiler.

Going to a Shaker made me lose the interior colour I wanted and the body colour spoiler.

Crazy you can't get everything as you want it. The Shaker is necessary however.
I too do not like any of the offered stripes.

Picking up some cherries at flathead lake,Montana. I just love how clear the water is here. We did a kayak trip, and seeing down to the bottom, even in deep water feels like one could take a great fall.
20190731_150214.jpg

Picking up some cherries at flathead lake,Montana. I just love how clear the water is here. We did a kayak trip, and seeing down to the bottom, even in deep water feels like one could take a great fall.
View attachment 306106
That's along the east side of the lake, isn't it? I drove that highway from Polson up to Kalispell right past Gary Goers shop at the time.

As bought

View attachment 298604

During

View attachment 298617

View attachment 298624

40 years from now on an internet forum folks will be debating the spoiler color on this car. "Factory specs say the FC7 wasn't available with Shaker, must have been a dealer option...." Better leave a note in the glove box for the future...

View attachment 306106

Never heard of it .. had to google it. Magnificent spot. Fascinating geological history on its formation -- ever heard of the Rocky Mountain Trench? Me either .. till today.

Located in the northwest corner of the state of Montana, 7 miles (11 km) south of Kalispell, it is approximately 30 miles (48 km) long and 16 miles (26 km) wide, covering 197 square miles (510 km2). It is a similar size as Minnesota's Mille Lacs Lake, but smaller than Red Lake. It is about half the area of San Francisco Bay (main bay).

It is larger in surface area than Lake Tahoe, but it is much smaller in volume due to Tahoe's depth.[2] Flathead Lake has a maximum depth of 370.7 ft (113.0 m),[1] and an average of 164.7 ft (50.2 m). This makes Flathead Lake deeper than the average depths of the Yellow Sea or the Persian Gulf.

Flathead Lake is in a scenic part of Montana, 30 miles (48 km) southwest of Glacier National Park and is flanked by two scenic highways, which wind along its curving shoreline. On the west side is U.S. Route 93, and on the east, is Route 35.

The lake is bordered on its eastern shore by the Mission Mountains and on the west by the Salish Mountains. The Flathead valley was formed by the glacial damming of the Flathead River and sustains a remarkably mild climate for a region located this far north and inland; the Pacific Ocean is almost 400 miles (640 km) to the west.

The mild climate allows for cherry orchards on the east shore and vineyards for wine production on the west shore. There are also apple, pear and plum orchards around the lake as well as vegetables, hay, honey, nursery tree, Christmas tree, sod/turf, and wheat production bordering or near the lake.

1280px-CloudsAndLakeInMontana.jpg

source: Flathead Lake - Wikipedia

That's along the east side of the lake, isn't it? I drove that highway from Polson up to Kalispell right past Gary Goers shop at the time.

This is on the west side, south of lakeside tourist trap.
Didn't know Gary had a his shop there.
We drove around the entire lake, it's an area we both could retire at.The cherries are fantastic if you ever get there this time of the year
A few more shots on our latest tour of glacier park. If you're into geology Ray, Glacier park and surrounding areas offer a mind numbing amount of history. We come out here every few years as the amount of glaciers is down in the mid 20s today, as compared to the early 20s when they were around 120. The changes are a sight to see.

20190801_150957.jpg

20190801_134719.jpg

20190801_162906.jpg

The top pic is outside a cabin we stayed at one night, 100 feet or so away from the front door. For perspective the wave is less than 2 inches high. Water so clean we drink from fast moving rivers daily. We see familiar sights and do new things each time we tour here. This time we took a wooded boat ride up St. Mary's lake. They've been working since the 1920s. It's the last day of our time here, were signing off from our favorite local eatery, and boarding the train.
20190802_121520.jpg
20190801_164621.jpg

We love staying in Big Fork MT in the Flathead valley. Short 5 hour run from Calgary. Let me know next time you are heading to MT Ben maybe we can plan a visit.

High gloss PU- lacquer over kitchen cabinet door after polishing. You can see reflection of the ceiling light on surface, it's like a floating there!!
..and , NO photoshopping here !!!
Regards
Mika
554.JPG

Beautiful!
What was the method and equipment used for laying that down?

@detmatt
First thin layer of clear Pu-isolator, then clear 2k polyester base lacquer , sanding grit 320-600-800-1000 and over that Pu- high gloss clear 2k, all of them from Italian vendor Sayer Lack (I think, Sherwin-Williams in US)
That polyester stuff is horrible to use but result is quite ok?:) Advanced with this stuff is when it's once dried out it's stays that way and so do the surface stays nice and flat.
Base coats sprayed with regular HVLP guns and top coat with Airmix pump/gun.
Mika

Back