Top End Rebuild 71 monaco 383.

Yah.. that's pretty ghetto (LMAO) but if it works it works. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and you did it.

I wish I had an old spare edelbrock sitting around. I just KNOW there is a better solution.

Stan, as redneck as it looks, it works perfect. I initially hooked the cruise control cable eyelet on that metal tab just to get the cable out of the way to work on the rest of the linkage and forgot about it. I was driving down the highway the next day and remembered that I just looped the cruise cable on that tab and tried operating the cruise control and it worked. I'll have to fabricate something for a permanent fix.

Is that an Edelbrock carb? I'm intrigued by the "Magnetti Marelli" logo in the casting. I understand they also purchased Rochester Products from GM some years ago. Interesting.

Is the cruise cable supposed to attach to that larger gold-color eyelet forward of where it now sits?

Is that an Edelbrock carb? I'm intrigued by the "Magnetti Marelli" logo in the casting. I understand they also purchased Rochester Products from GM some years ago. Interesting.

Is the cruise cable supposed to attach to that larger gold-color eyelet forward of where it now sits?

Yes it is an Edelbrock 1406 and no it doesn't attach to that big eyelet. You can't see it but there is another hole midwy down on the 1481 adapter. The problem is that the T/Q has a roll pin mounted on the accelerator lever which doesn't fit on the 1481 adapter, Edelbrock doesn't have a specific Mopar piece to adapt it to the 1481. See the thread I started - Edelbrock Cruise control cable fix. It explains what Edelbrock's solution is for this problem.

Yah.. that's pretty ghetto (LMAO) but if it works it works. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do and you did it.

I wish I had an old spare edelbrock sitting around. I just KNOW there is a better solution.

Ya, it's ghetto. Like I said I looped it over that tab to get it out of the way while working on the rest of the linkage. It works great but looks like sh*t. See the new thread I started on the fix for this problem.

I put a comp cam in mine only a degree or 2 off in lift and duration to the purple roadrunner cam & waaayyy cheaper. Woke my 400 right up. I’ve got cheap flow tech headers since 98, but only drive in summer mostly. So it does depend on how much you will drive it for header longevity.

Back