Reaction score
the beginning..

engine old.jpg

engine old.jpg

car 1.jpg

forgot to take one with the new valley pan in but here is the next step

car 1.jpg

car 4.jpg

pretty much done. for hoses to replace and wirin to clean up but on my way !:] very happy thanks for those who gave great advice. !:]

car 4.jpg

started up and ran perfect right outta the box. had to adjust the kickdown abit and run a seperate wire for the elecric choke. rebuilt alternator also very clean :]

car 0.jpg

car 0.jpg

started up and ran perfect right outta the box. had to adjust the kickdown abit and run a seperate wire for the elecric choke. rebuilt alternator also very clean :]

:wav::wav::wav::wav:

Good Work..........now for the burnout photos......

Nice job. Love those valve covers....does it still have the same 2bbl cam in it?? You'll see a very nice difference if you swap that out as well.

yea still the same cam, my brother in law who helped me wants to do the cam and heads now. haha its gonna have to wait. next is the dual exhaust and headers. thanks for the positive replys .

yea still the same cam, my brother in law who helped me wants to do the cam and heads now. haha its gonna have to wait. next is the dual exhaust and headers. thanks for the positive replys .

You'll want to replace the timing chain and gears with a roller chain and gears when you do the cam.

You'll want to replace the timing chain and gears with a roller chain and gears when you do the cam.

Yup, that too. Get the double roller timing chain / sprocket set. Original sprocket might be missing a tooth or two (mine was).

Dual exhaust, sure, but think long and hard about the headers. Noisy, prone to leaks and not very long-lived. Not worth the trouble IMO.

Dual exhaust, sure, but think long and hard about the headers. Noisy, prone to leaks and not very long-lived. Not worth the trouble IMO.

I agree. Stay with the exhaust manifolds and dual exhaust. I and many others on this site have.

Back