Torque straps from Schumacher...

And why wouldn't you want solid mounts in a drag racing application? It's why I asked the question above. No matter how short you make the leash aren't you losing time to rotation?

I think the problem people have are on cars that are street driven and what to have some fun once and a while. Solid mount are no fun on a street driven car. A pure drag car put solid mounts on it, a street driven car, maybe not.

Alan

You can also drill a hole through a stock one and put a grade 8 bolt through the one on the drivers side with a nut to hold it togehter to prevent it pulling and flexing and from causing or allowing catostorphic failure.

There's a thread on it on Moparts but the space is limited so you need countersunk heads on the bolts

If cheap and effective is what we are after here chain is the most logical leave the slightest looseness no vibes on highway paint it black nobody notices it and if it fails you bought chinese crap simple.

If cheap and effective is what we are after here chain is the most logical leave the slightest looseness no vibes on highway paint it black nobody notices it and if it fails you bought chinese crap simple.

I was looking for more of a better look than chain, but yes that works too.

I don't see why you don't make it yourself.It can be made cheap enough.Google internal threaded rod and you have many places that sell them.Then google heim joints,again,same deal.You can probably bend a heavy gauge steel u-shaped bracket out of metal from your local Home Depot or buy something online.Then just buy the heaviest tensile hardware you can get,grade 8 or better.The way I see it,you can probably do it yourself for around $50-75.

Yeah I already looked into it, but Schumacher is working with me on a setup for the 66 Fury's. The Straps they sell are pretty cheap,..$75.
[h=1][/h]

Morning,

it´s been a long time now and I was wondering if Schumacher offers torque straps for our cars now?!

Why would anyone go through all that apparatus when several bucks of chain from ACE Hardware would do a sufficient job?
Oh chain is ugly... well that apparatus just says little dick trying to impress on horsepower.
Or get the type of unbreakable stock looking motor mounts that Nick's Garage promoted, ya know the one where he had to pull the motor out of Kowalski for 2x.

Why would anyone go through all that apparatus when several bucks of chain from ACE Hardware would do a sufficient job?
Oh chain is ugly... well that apparatus just says little dick trying to impress on horsepower.
Or get the type of unbreakable stock looking motor mounts that Nick's Garage promoted, ya know the one where he had to pull the motor out of Kowalski for 2x.

Didn't they use a cable on old cop cars, or was that a myth?

Mopar used a cable style on Cop cars and in certain trailer towing packages. I think in 73 the Cop cars used a L shaped metal bracket with a rubber isolator.

Didn't they use a cable on old cop cars, or was that a myth?
Yea I think is was a warranty recall bulletin and has been posted here, I may have a copy of it. Also I don't think it was just for the police cars it was the whole big block (& small block?) line until they came out with the new style motor mounts. Chevy had the same problem, people would jack the engine over so far that it screwed up the auto transmission shift linkage meaning the gear indicator would show reverse but it was in drive leading to these sudden acceleration into the buildings etc.

Back in the early 70's I had a built Ford Galaxie that ate up left front motor mounts. I went to the local HW store and bought a heavy duty turnbuckle with jam nuts and a short length of chain, connected it between the frame and engine, and never broke another mount. I could adjust it to allow a little movement or tighten it down solid. I used the same thing on a 67 GTX, 70 Olds 442, etc. You can just see it at the bottom left in this pic.

IMG_0006.jpg

Back in the early 70's I had a built Ford Galaxie that ate up left front motor mounts. I went to the local HW store and bought a heavy duty turnbuckle with jam nuts and a short length of chain, connected it between the frame and engine, and never broke another mount. I could adjust it to allow a little movement or tighten it down solid. I used the same thing on a 67 GTX, 70 Olds 442, etc. You can just see it at the bottom left in this pic.

View attachment 552985
That's basically the Schumacher torque "strap" right there. Other than the bracket, everything can be bought at most good hardware stores.

at least mopar had accelerator cables...on the chevys when the engine lifted it also jammed the accelerator linkage wide open

Back