Torsionbars 74 imperial

bartvosch

Reaction score
Can somebody help me to get torsionbars for mine 74 imperial , mine broke!
IMG_3078.jpeg
IMG_2647.jpeg

Am I seeing your bar correctly? It looks out of round. I can also see a stress point where the crack started. It should not be too hard to find a pair of bars. Where are you located?

Hello,
are you from Merselo in the Netherlands? A 1976 Town & Country gets parted in the Netherlands. I am sure someone here can verify if the torsionsbars of that car fit your Imperial. Might safe you some shipping costs buying them local.
Chrysler new yorker parts

Am I seeing your bar correctly? It looks out of round. I can also see a stress point where the crack started. It should not be too hard to find a pair of bars. Where are you located?
It’s round… bars are 47inch long 1.06 thick and the head is 41mm(+-1,6inch
Located in the Netherlands

image.jpg

Just a guess, I would think having them cranked up to clear your wheel\tire combo isn't good for the bar. My FSM says to measure 10 1/4 inches ( I think ) from the ground to the bottom control arm pivot at the frame. It seems to me if it's higher than that, you've got too much tension constantly on the bar, and its fifty years old.

Love that car.... Used to have black roof I think! '75 Imperial.... '76-'78 New Yorkers?

Back