Traded my '65 Valiant for a '66 Windsor

I traded my '65 Valiant yesterday for a '66 Chrysler Windsor (Canadian car)

Ordered with a 440, 727, 3.23 rear, tilt/telescopic steering column, rear defrost, and tinted glass. Currently has Wilwood front disc brakes as well.

I liked the little Valiant, it started out as a 170 slant 6, 3 on the tree, 7 1/4 rear, radio delete, lighter delete! I rebuilt a '71 318, aftermarket pistons, .480 Comp cam, Spitfire shorty Early A headers, 833 4 speed, 8 3/4. It was a fun car but it was loud, and my wife hated riding in it. I decided to look for something else, traded straight across for this '66.

I love the style of these, I also have a '67 Newport (and a few Forward Look cars). It was a blast driving this home.

View attachment 640943

View attachment 640944

View attachment 640945

View attachment 640946

View attachment 640947

View attachment 640948
Neat car! I suppose they call it a Windsor, as the name of a Canadian city appeals to Canadians, whereas the U.S. version, Newport, named for a city in Rhode Island would not be as appealing.

Neat car! I suppose they call it a Windsor, as the name of a Canadian city appeals to Canadians, whereas the U.S. version, Newport, named for a city in Rhode Island would not be as appealing.
Prior to the AutoPact agreement in 1965, Canadian car manufacturers had to build cars in Canada using Csnadiam parts suppliers.
Hence we had different models of cars to suit our frugal taste..

The Windsor name is also a reference to the Queen's family name Windsor and her Windsor castle. Etc. Etc......

Back