Transmission leak

TNT440

Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between 2464324-AD and 2464324-AC? I have the AD version. It is plastic and the raised rubber sealing surfaced does not get completely covered by the pan in the middle at the back and at the right rear corner.
20230529_133533.jpg
20230529_133527.jpg

I was mistaken, in the first photo I was pointing at the corner, it is actually to the left of that where it doesn't cover the entire gasket. Here are a couple photos of the pan in these areas. Currently a felpro gasket installed.
20230529_141244.jpg
20230529_141236.jpg

For what it's worth, I have used the "AC" version with no issues on my '70 727.

@TNT440

Sorry, completely forgot this. I got caught up in other things.

I'll try to look today.

Sorry this took so long. It was an eventful week, complicated by very hot weather, but no excuse...

This is an aftermarket pan, installed by a previous owner somewhere in the car's history. There's really only one spot where the gasket isn't 100% covered and it does not leak there.

1mhdPmK.jpg

rbSftkQ.jpg

Thank you for following up
. It appears that this part number gasket matches the transmission but not the pan. If yours is not leaking there then I must have another issue. I did notice the other day that 1 bolt appears to be crooked. Maybe installed that way by previous owner. Could be preventing a proper seal in that area. Thanks again.

. It appears that this part number gasket matches the transmission but not the pan. If yours is not leaking there then I must have another issue. I did notice the other day that 1 bolt appears to be crooked. Maybe installed that way by previous owner. Could be preventing a proper seal in that area. Thanks again.
If you do have a crooked or cross threaded bolt, it's easy to do a Heli-Coil. I had to do one on my transmission.

The usual leak is at the seal for the shifter and throttle linkage. TF 727 "How To" shift lever seal replacement

I just seeing this post. I have used the new solid gasket, it will seal, just go easy in gradual turns around the pan in a cross patern. The flat rubber pan gasket will seal as well, if you prep both surfaces and a finger smear of black RTV, snug bolts but not torqued, let rest overnight then torque easy to spec. I have also found on some cars that the front pan bolts being too long, the length is fine for rest of pan, but at the front will bottom out without tightening down the gasket.
This is a clients transmission in the photos and he had the chrome pan installed, you can kind of see I had to replace the front four bolts, as the others were bottoming out. Not by much, but enough.
I also replaced the selector, kick down, dipstick tube seals, as most transmissions need those seals replaced. The small kick down seal at the top of selector shaft is difficult to get alone.

IMG_3565.jpeg

IMG_3564.jpeg

IMG_0429.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

Back