Tried the Zevo Slyvania LED 1157 bulbs.

I think with the old heat resistance type flashers, the turn signals won't flash at all or at a veeerry slow rate because the LED's draw way fewer Amps than incandescent bulbs. An added resistor probably won't help. So you might also have to purchase an electronic, LED-prove, two-terminal flasher like this one.

Just a curious question. Do these flashers work based on a timer?

I felt my tail lights were not visible enough with the incandescent bulbs especially when 99.9% are used to seeing a high third brake light which we don't have. I saw this thread and went to Walmart and bought 4 of these 1157's for the back of my Fury III. Big difference and I noticed my amp meter does not move when applying the brakes like it did before. Turn signals are fine [ not fast] BUT the amber front turn signal lights are still incandescent. Oh and the lighting is MUCH better.

Last edited:
LED 1157s are the Wave of the Immediate Future w me! Thus far I've had excellent performance from them in every way AND they free up current draw. Next extra $15 I get, I'll get the amber ones for the front to match what I've got in back.

If a vehicle is used in the snow or frosty areas of the country then the traditional bulb will generate some heat. That will keep the lenses clear. Remember LED traffic signal lights...same problem. Also, $1.00 vs $15....call me cheap but it is tried and true technology.

I respect that Pete. I did it because my tail lights were not as bright as I would like and got the feeling people behind me couldn't see them well enough. I only drive my car when it is nice enough too. No rain or frost etc.

300 rag sorry for the bad info! I just read the title and assumed.

So!! I'm interested.. With the LED swap, are there any wiring / relay upgrades that need to follow? Or just plug and play? In most cases...

I remember in an Earlier thread regarding these, reading that a different flasher relay would be needed for the 4 way flashers to work with the LED's.. I can see that may need to be done, but what about the other lights? Parking, running light, side markers etc?

I have a heavy duty signal flasher in my setup. it is the old school flasher not the electronic type that is popular today that most will buy.

I've been tying different brand of amber 1157 bulb but haven't found any that fit into the light socket, the housing get in the way of being able to turn the bulb to lock it into place...

The Sylvania ZEVO LED 1157 RED bulbs fit no problem in the back of my Fury. The flashers and turn signal worked fine BUT I still had the Edison bulbs in the front turn signal lights. But I ordered the front Amber Sylvania 1157 lights tonight and a LED flasher on ebay tonight. As far as I am concerned I want my baby to BE SEEN when braking and turning. We don't have the third light like 99.9% of cars do today.

Mr FIXIT thanks for posting this info on these bulbs or led's. It really gives us abit more chance of being seen. If it prevents even one accident it has paid itself back many times over.

I've been tying different brand of amber 1157 bulb but haven't found any that fit into the light socket, the housing get in the way of being able to turn the bulb to lock it into place..

Interesting,,what car is this about again??

Last edited:
The Sylvania ZEVO LED 1157 RED bulbs fit no problem in the back of my Fury. The flashers and turn signal worked fine BUT I still had the Edison bulbs in the front turn signal lights. But I ordered the front Amber Sylvania 1157 lights tonight and a LED flasher on ebay tonight. As far as I am concerned I want my baby to BE SEEN when braking and turning. We don't have the third light like 99.9% of cars do today.

Just so I'm clear on what I need to order. RED! Not clear! LED's for the tail / stop lights right? Amber! Not Clear for each front turn signal, right? Clear or colored LED's for the side markers? And Clear LED's for the backup Lights?

Also, Would you happen to have the eBay item numbers of all that you ordered for each purchase? I'd like to order from the same vendor if you're pleased with your purchase. $24 and change for a 2 pack. It'll be a pricey upgrade, but worth it if it makes our cars better seen at night.
Thanks in advance for all your efforts.

P1820803_4_5_6_7_CR04.jpg
P1820888_89_90_91_92_GT4.jpg
Interesting,,what car is this about again??

It's my 66 Polara convertible....
P1820803_4_5_6_7_CR04.jpg

.....The more I play around with the old wiring, the more I want to just build a new set of harnesses and properly circuit protect everything and take load off switches with relays. If you think of that as a good idea, but too much work... this is a great place to start. I think the next easiest and possibly best change after this one would be the headlight relay kits I have seen around here. I have personally seem too many burnt headlight switches over the years to not like that upgrade.

If your car is a perfect 100% original... don't... otherwise why not try for $20 and see what you think?

I have been replacing my wiring harness one section at a time.
First I did under the hood, then from the drivers' side kick panel all the way back to the tail lights this spring.
The next step is under the dash...

[/QUOTE]We don't have the third light like 99.9% of cars do today.[/QUOTE]
My 67 Imperial has damn near 6 feet of tailight across the back. It don't need no stinkin' third brake light. Lol

I will. Should be here soon. Intersting thing is I have Edison bulbs up front [2] and replaced 4 bulbs in the back with Zevo and the flash rate is basically the same. I think the front Edison bulbs are brighter now since there is so little draw from the rear. So I ordered the amber zevo bulbs and a flasher for led's. If the bulbs don't fit in the front I will still be happy with the setup as it is now and I have 4 extra bulbs for the front!!

Last edited:
Back