Trim removal

Reaction score
I have a 1968 Plymouth furyiii I like to remove the trim off of it but know how and pictures or suggestions would be great

IMG_3985.jpeg

FYI, if you remove the trim/moldings you will end up with holes and small studs down the sides of your car. The fender and doors and the rear area of the quarter panels are attached with clips with studs and an acorn style nut that you access from the inside of the body panels. The rest of the moldings have plastic clips that press on over the studs. Sometimes, after removing the nuts you can gently pull the molding away from the car and slide the clip out of the molding. Once you remove all of the clips with studs, use some lubricant sprayed under the molding and sometimes you can slide the moldings off the plastic clips by pulling the moldings down the side of the car. Each molding will have space near the end of the moldings with an opening where it will come off the last clip. Enlarge the photo and you will see the holes and the studs on my Fury II, which has the same holes & studs.
IMG_2103.jpeg

Back