Wiper cowl drains

Reaction score
Does any one have any pictures of 1968 Plymouth fury iii
wiper cowl drains where they are located and how do you snap wiper arms back on any help would be great

With regard to the drain...Open the hood and look on the firewall, about in the center, and just above the tunnel, you should see a rubber flap about the size of a business card. If the flap is still there, prop it up. Beneath that is an oval cut-out in the sheet metal...that's your drain. Remove wipers and cowl panel, get a piece of stiff wire and a vacuum, and go down into the deepest part of the cowl well and towards the front of the car and start scratching away the decades of crud and caked up dirt. You should eventually expose the entire drain. Then you can apply water from the garden hose to finish washing it out. It's a pain to get down in there, because it is just a narrow crevice, but once the job is done, you'll feel much better! With that drain clogged, there is a real possibility that the well will fill up and flood into the cabin through other factory holes.
After that, reassemble everything. The wiper arms either have a lock lever at the Shaft...or...they snap into place with downward pressure. Be certain the wiper shafts are in Park Position before installing the arms. I'm no guru but I hope this helps. -Not Right

With regard to the drain...Open the hood and look on the firewall, about in the center, and just above the tunnel, you should see a rubber flap about the size of a business card. If the flap is still there, prop it up. Beneath that is an oval cut-out in the sheet metal...that's your drain. Remove wipers and cowl panel, get a piece of stiff wire and a vacuum, and go down into the deepest part of the cowl well and towards the front of the car and start scratching away the decades of crud and caked up dirt. You should eventually expose the entire drain. Then you can apply water from the garden hose to finish washing it out. It's a pain to get down in there, because it is just a narrow crevice, but once the job is done, you'll feel much better! With that drain clogged, there is a real possibility that the well will fill up and flood into the cabin through other factory holes.
After that, reassemble everything. The wiper arms either have a lock lever at the Shaft...or...they snap into place with downward pressure. Be certain the wiper shafts are in Park Position before installing the arms. I'm no guru but I hope this helps. -Not Right
Ok thank you so much I’ll have to look in the morning so dark here where I live right now thank you for info

Back