turn signal problem

imperial

Reaction score
I have a '70 new yorker and am currently experiencing problems with the turn signsls/hazards. When I got the car, the turn signals worked fine, then when I was driving the car, I went to use my signal I discovered that the turn signals have decided to stop working. When I got home, I did some investigating and discovered the hazards and wipers don't work either. I am not sure if the two would be related or not. I have replaced both flashers and cleaned out sockets for the tailight bulbs on the back of the car. Does anyone have any guesses what the problem might be?

Do you have an FSM? See if they all work off the same fuse and if so properly check the circuit(fuse)with a meter.

I took a quick look in my 70 FSM and the wipers and turn signals get power from the same source. The hazard lights get power from another fuse, so I'm not sure what the issue could be.

I would start by checking for power at the black wire on the turn signal flasher. The turn signal flasher has black and red wires running to it. The emergency flasher has a black/white wire and a pink wire running to it. I'd also check for power at the black/white wire.

If no power at either one or both, it's an issue with power and the first place I would go is back to the fuse block and start checking from there.

Back