turn signal switch diagram?

swisherred

Reaction score
Im trying to track down a signal issue and I want to test the signal switch but I cant find a diagram for the switch itself...just shows wires going to a switch but not the internal diagram itself. My right rear signal doesnt work...nor does my right dash signal, but all others work including the fender lights. All the wires in the harness and body seem to be correct.

does anyone have a schematic for the switch?

1967 newport non tilt and no cornering lights.

im thinking red is the main feed...light and dark green should ring to red when the left is on....tan and brown to red with the right on.....

ok....tracked down the problem to a bad contact in the TS switch due to a short earlier in its life. The contact melted down just far enough to not make contact. So im looking for a new switch but Im not sure what will work. I looked up several numbers that say they work, but the one that I have doesnt match all of them even though they are listed as superseding numbers.. which one do i really need? some are $55 and some are $200+

these are my options...mine has the small tabs inside

00x0x_PfIFH7jmrD_1200x900.jpg

s-l500.png

or can i just bridge the tan and brown wires at the connector and move on??? My right rear signal isnt working because of the bad contact in the switch.

I doubt there's a front and rear contact for each side in the switch. But ONE contact for each side. From there, it should divide in the light harness in the body harness network. There should be a ground for each side of the light harness, front and rear (4 grounds). Somewhere, the wires might be ganged together at one terminal somewhere, but I suspect in the harness rather than at the switch.

As the brake lights also go through the turn signal switch, do they all work?

CBODY67

figured out what was wrong and fixed it. the contact had sunken from overheating and the wiper had melted into the plastic enough to stick...shaved out the melted plastic and the wiper works...heated up the pin with a soldering iron til it melted back into place.

Taillights all work now as they should...brakes too, but I would still like to find a replacement for the future...who knows how long it will work.

Back