TX9 72 Monaco coming home this weekend

I have seen many dash repair jobs and most every one of them has lost the crispness of the character lines and the covering on top of the repaired dashes will often bubble when parked in the hot sun. ABC Moparts use the same original steeel cores to place their molded dash reproductions on top of. They are the closest you will find to new since they use original pads in excellent condition to make the molds. Think about it and try one out.

Repaired dashes are more expensive than ABC moparts reproductions and do not look as good and the wait time is usually longer (depending on availability of molding foam and other products used in fabricating original reproductions due to covid currently).

I wouldn't have given my excellent original pads up unless Bob's at ABC Moparts were virtually as good as original.

But you can pay more for repaired ones and usually wait longer for them too........................

Plastics are not as recoverable as natural materials.

well, its had its 1st wash since it was parked on nov.25 1995 in the shed/barn/garage.
i refuse to call it a barn/garage find, it was never forgotten about and discovered -
apparently it was known about in the local the forward look community.

stilll assessing what ive got here, havent tried to start it yet.
wipers, lights, fan blower works
driver's pw works well, the other 3 are very slow
rim blow horn, rear defogger not working
headlight doors open part way and but needs help for the final open / shut
exhaust looks intact and mostly still shiny
paint looks good from 10 feet but theres a lot of tiny spots on the hood and upper doors, these were hidden by the years of dust.

its only been washed, next step will be to polish it

but overall im very happy with it

mark

20220516_195713_resized_1.jpg

One of Chrysler's most unique designs and one of their best ones as well in my view. If you ever get tired of it or its problems, you know how to contact me!

Great score. I would put its original 360 back in it - it was one of Chrysler's best performing engines as well in my view.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
$ do get diverted. Not just by cars either. We've lived in our home for 22 years. Raised a family. House and grounds are now a big money diversion. Plus college is a huge $ diversion. I keep saying to myself, my youngest is a rising junior, "2 more years and money will free up." Of course, total lie.
View attachment 531311
It only becomes a priority if we make it a priority, that’s for sure. “Opportunity cost” - the money I spend on one thing means it’s not getting saved or spent on something else.

well, its had its 1st wash since it was parked on nov.25 1995 in the shed/barn/garage.
i refuse to call it a barn/garage find, it was never forgotten about and discovered -
apparently it was known about in the local the forward look community.

stilll assessing what ive got here, havent tried to start it yet.
wipers, lights, fan blower works
driver's pw works well, the other 3 are very slow
rim blow horn, rear defogger not working
headlight doors open part way and but needs help for the final open / shut
exhaust looks intact and mostly still shiny
paint looks good from 10 feet but theres a lot of tiny spots on the hood and upper doors, these were hidden by the years of dust.

its only been washed, next step will be to polish it

but overall im very happy with it

mark

View attachment 531890
It’s beautiful. Lines, color, everything.

Back