Ultra rare all original Q4 turquoise L-code 1969 440 Magnum Dodge Polara 500 convertible survivor ca

Was there a transition from chrome tulip shifter knobs to wooden ball knobs on C bodies, like there was on B bodies, during the 69 model year?

View attachment 183852

May 8, 69 SPD. I guess it's her birthday tomorrow.

upload_2018-5-7_15-26-23.jpeg

I have a 1969 Sport Fury vert with a SPD of 14th July 1968 (no, not 1969) that has the woodgrain knob. (factory show car)

I can't help you out... my NYB, Imperial's and 300 all have carpet.:poke:
Thank you -- I know, I need a Polara owner who did not spring for the trunk dress kit.

I have a 1969 Sport Fury vert with a SPD of 14th July 1968 (no, not 1969) that has the woodgrain knob. (factory show car)

Thanks but was the knob original?

If your knob is original, the answer to my question would be no.

Question: the floor mat has a plaid pattern. I was under the impression that 1967 and 1968 cars had the plaid, but that their 1969 and 1970 successors' mats came in the herringbone pattern (like my '70).

@Fury Pursuit, did you replace the mat, or did it come to you like that from the first owner?

No, I did not replace the trunk mat; it was original. I didn’t replace a thing. I even sent the original hoses and plug wires.

No, I did not replace the trunk mat; it was original. I didn’t replace a thing. I even sent the original hoses and plug wires.

Thank you. Funny that: in a box, I've actually kept the original hoses and the other parts (e.g., the water pump) replaced (as opposed to remanufactured or recored) on my car.

Thanks but was the knob original?

If your knob is original, the answer to my question would be no.

I always try to be careful in statements regarding originality.
The car is unrestored and all numbers matching. It has some partial touch up paint from a long time ago. I haven't changed a thing regarding the cosmetics. The interieur is original with the exception of the carpet. I think it is original. But it is also a factory show car Y91 so I thought they might have installed some parts which might not be on any regular car immidiatly

Carsten

Back