Under dash light bulb.

If you trace the wiring back, is it hooked up with a factory style connector or is it spliced in somewhere?

To my knowledge, there are no other interior lights to this style.
View attachment 583388

The only exception under the dash would be the map light, which has at least the same cable colors (Pink and Yellow) but has a different socket.
View attachment 583387

And that is a little bit weird because it's not grounded through the socket, means it's not mounted to metal.

* The Dome Light also has the same wire colors.
Well mine is convertible so maybe this was an alternative.

Well mine is convertible so maybe this was an alternative.
I found a place behind the bottom edge of dash for drivers side and passenger side lights. They both are factory wired into the harness. They replace the dome light in the hard tops. The owners manual says are there are several styles of lights and convertibles were under the dash.

To my knowledge, there are no other interior lights to this style.
View attachment 583388

The only exception under the dash would be the map light, which has at least the same cable colors (Pink and Yellow) but has a different socket.
View attachment 583387

And that is a little bit weird because it's not grounded through the socket, means it's not mounted to metal.

* The Dome Light also has the same wire colors.
Both of my under dash lights use same bulb as map light.
I mounted them so they light the floor but dont shine in my face.

On the '69 Imperial, it's above the ignition cylinder, mounted inside the dash. Maybe it's similar on your car.
View attachment 583376View attachment 583377

Hate to be lazy and ask but where does your light plug in at? My 68 Fury doesn’t have the A01 (?) package/time delay relay but I’d like to add the ignition light to come on with the running lights + headlights without getting into relays and the works. Thank you!

My 2 under dash lights were wired into the harness. My ignition light had a black wire and plug already hanging under the dash. Came out of same harness that feeds the instrument panel.

My 2 under dash lights were wired into the harness. My ignition light had a black wire and plug already hanging under the dash. Came out of same harness that feeds the instrument panel.

Oh man it was late last night and I wasn’t thinking. Yes that’s a much simpler solution. I’m sure the instrument or ash try circuit can handle one more bulb, I’ll even make it an LED and it won’t count haha

Thanks again!

Back