USPS At It’s Best!

Mudeblue

Reaction score
Ordered parts from a vendor located in Los Angeles area on April 3rd which got shipped on April 3rd and I received tracking info. Item went to Chicago and moved around to 4 different locations over 5 days. Package is now back in Los Angeles area. I live in Phoenix. It is going to be wore out from high mileage if it ever arrives! Gotta love it!

I had a package that went from Salt Lake to Denver to the Philippines, back to Salt Lake then on to Fargo.

Last year I ordered an Alpaca sweater for my wife. It was coming from Lima Peru. The same day she ordered shoes from a place in LA. The sweater arrived in 3 days and her shoes bounced around the western US for 10 days before it showed up in a beat to **** package. I really expected the opposite.

You guys think USPS is bad? Throughout my career, I periodically have to buy 13'-18' plastic bump rails and 4'x10' plastic sheets for my healthcare clients. They always ship freight (usually by a company that has O and D in their name). It's ALWAYS been a 50/50 shot on whether or not I'll actually receive them. The past two times they've just disappeared in transit.

You guys think USPS is bad? Throughout my career, I periodically have to buy 13'-18' plastic bump rails and 4'x10' plastic sheets for my healthcare clients. They always ship freight (usually by a company that has O and D in their name). It's ALWAYS been a 50/50 shot on whether or not I'll actually receive them. The past two times they've just disappeared in transit.
Oh come, don’t be Old school and share the name with this Dominion!
oh come on, don’t be Old school and share the name with this Dominion!

Just east of Syracuse from us is a town called "Manlius". I live just west of Syracuse in "Marcellus". 13104 zip code v. 13108. A lot of my mail ends up sitting in the Manlius post office until someone actually looks at the name of the town in the address. Then it's a 50/50 chance that after it goes back to the hub in Syracuse that it ends up back in Manlius.

Our mail got really screwed up for about a week when some dumbass mailed a bottle of mercury and it broke in the post office. They were closed while Haz-Mat cleaned up and investigated.

Just east of Syracuse from us is a town called "Manlius". I live just west of Syracuse in "Marcellus". 13104 zip code v. 13108. A lot of my mail ends up sitting in the Manlius post office until someone actually looks at the name of the town in the address. Then it's a 50/50 chance that after it goes back to the hub in Syracuse that it ends up back in Manlius.

Our mail got really screwed up for about a week when some dumbass mailed a bottle of mercury and it broke in the post office. They were closed while Haz-Mat cleaned up and investigated.
LOL. In high school chemistry, we use to play with it to shine coins. I know mercury has problems but it would seem a little common sense is in short supply. Another excuse to get time off with pay!

LOL. In high school chemistry, we use to play with it to shine coins. I know mercury has problems but it would seem a little common sense is in short supply. Another excuse to get time off with pay!
It was a pretty good spill from what I heard. Given that the post office is full of people that have been trained to "make a call", they errored on the side of caution and got the Haz-Mat folks in that are trained to deal with it.

If you think about it, someone would probably lose their job if they didn't. I don't think anyone actually got any time off.... They just had to work out of another office.

Back