Vacation Destination of the Week - Flashback of Germany

1978 NYB

Warfighter
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Digital cameras weren't available in the 70's and 80's when I was stationed in Germany for 15 years. The Neuschwanstein Castle (Disney Castle) in Southern Bavaria was always breathtaking. Every time family or friends came to visit I had to take them on a tour of the castle. I could be an official tour guide after all the visits. This is an excellent digital photo of the castle. It is huge and takes at least 2 hours to walk through.

580x385x63540843715822e2d91a.jpg.pagespeed.ic.CayE94PNNc.jpg

Nice video. I haven't seen that one before. There is a suspension bridge on the back side of the castle that goes over to the mountain and you can see a natural waterfall that cascades down the rock mountain. They actually harnessed the force of that water at the base and created a workable plumbing system that had water pressure in the castle. The kitchen has a workable sink and facets from back in the day. A lot of interesting details about this castle.

Wow, that's beautiful!

That is one of the best. Germany has 146 castles. Plenty more in other European countries too.

Now I'm really looking forward to the trip this fall.

If you only go to one castle.....this ought to be the one. There's 2 other castles in Southern Bavaria that King Ludwig also built. They are also stunning. There's one on an island in the middle of Lake Chiemsee. They offer English speaking tours at all of them.

Last edited:
I visited a White Castle in the US once and they sold hamburgers in there. :)

Last edited:
Twice in one night with the young girls not being young enough, Stan?

Like I said, it would easily kill me so If I am going to die, make it something they would put you in jail for life otherwise.
But it's never going to happen because I'm not ready to die or being my cell mate's *****.
If the opportunity came along? Still no. I should already be dead a 1/2 dozen times over. I have no more "please God, don't let me dies" left. All used up.

< Sent from my tablet >

Now I'm really looking forward to the trip this fall.

I am sorry I never replied to your request that you made in another thread. But the truth is:I can't really help you. I have no clue. I have never visited any castles in germany or special landscapes or what so ever. I spent my free time at cars shows in europe or in the US. I even have never been to bavaria in general yet. One of the reasons is the low amount of Mopars of course.

Sorry for being a "big town rat" (direct translation from a german expression)

Carsten

Back