Vacuum advance part number?

Mike Browne

Reaction score
My parts store can not find a part number for my vacuum advance chamber. I need an after market number like a napa auto parts number. 1968 440 points car. They only go back to 1971 with electronic ignition.

I went and got a whole points distributor reman for 38 dollars with a new vacuum advance installed as the lobes were worn on my old one.

Last edited:
traintech55 showed me this that he got . Autozone ,,

Quote: I double checked the dist. for a 440, part number 30-3816, same price $37.99 before tax. :Quote

I believe it is a Cardone reman. If your dizzy is old or even a little worn it might be a good idea for very little money to replace it if you [like me] want to run points.

Last edited:
My parts store can not find a part number for my vacuum advance chamber. I need an after market number like a napa auto parts number. 1968 440 points car. They only go back to 1971 with electronic ignition.
I will be replacing it with electronic ignition later. Just getting the car running good first. My chamber is bad. can't find the part number for just the chamber.

There are two different arms that come out of canister one goes in and bends toward shaft the other stays or even curve out toward housing, these are the ones that are hard to find. On the electronic dist. it will take either advance canister, they have 2 holes for either actuator arm to connect to. The point dist not sure if they will take both. I need to find out though because I need to put a canister on the point dizzy I just built for my Charger.

Back