Veterans

GooBak

Reaction score
Ok this time on "Zach asks too damn many questions"

How many Vets frequent the forums? I know of a couple, and since I'm an Army vet myself I'm always interested to meet more. I joined the Army in 2007, spent nearly 3 years at Ft. Sill, 1 in Korea, and around 9 months in the WTU at Ft. Knox. My MOS was 14T and my end rank was E-5, but I was an E-4 till the day before I got out. I was never sent downrange. I always said I wanted to go until I spent time at the WTU. Those are the real heros. But us Vets usally like to BS about our time "in" so I thought I'd throw this out there. Anyone currently enlisted( I GUESS we can deal with officers too) is welcome too!

Wellll, When Teddy and I charged up San Jaun Hill back in '98. Naw, just kiddin'. I'm old but not quite that old, but I did fight the Tijauna campaign many yearz ago and believe me they were vanquished. I just had to keep going back 'cuz their hard to convince

SHHHH! We don't wanna go there! One ah them war storiez I waz talkin' about earlier that can only be discussed over ah frosty case of St Pauli Girl and in private. Folkz'll be gettin' the wrong impression of Jer

lol my experience with mexico was standing at the border in El Paso, looking at Juarez, and thinking,"nevermind, theres plenty to see over here"

It'z not the seein' over there it'z the doin'. You'z sposta go just one step short of bein' arrested. And best draw the line not to cross while your eyez will still focus, LOL

Another el paso moment... I was in AIT at ft bliss for 4-5 months. So we were out in the middle of the desert camping(aka in the field) and I was on guard as dawn hits. one of the DS came over and pointed over my shoulder(towards mexico)"see that sky?" So I look and the sky is hazy and dark, I mean really nasty looking. "Now look the other way" and its an absolutely beautiful sunrise. "aint America great?"

Yeah after the stories I heard in the WTU I was glad I never went. We got all set up to go to Afg and 2 weeks before we go on leave they decide we're going to korea instead

I keep waiting for commando to post some of his stories from WW1... I hear trench warfare was a *****

I was a B-52 crewchief in the airforce from 89-92, stationed at barksdale AFB, spent the first gulf war in spain launching planes to bomb northern iraq

That's awesome thank you for your service! On the way home from afg we actually stopped in spain for a few hours on some remote air feel to pick up some marines would have been much better being stationed there.

Back