Vibration after front end rebuild

my vibration is cured with turning the drum today.

Good to hear. Thanks for the suggestion. I already had my drums turned so I can rule that out. I'm going to triple check the hubs in a couple of hours. If I don't find anything wrong, I'll be ordering new Timken bearings from good old Rock Auto.

Scott

I rebuilt the hubs after taking them apart to inspect them. I seated the inner races after getting the seals out. Had one hollow sounding noise on the first tap, followed by a nice thud on the other taps. The movement was only 1-2 thousandths. Bearings went in the shoulders properly, tightened them up per FSM spec, test drove and the bearings stayed put. A broken exhaust hanger prevented me from taken a longer test drive than I previously have, so I'll fix the hanger in the morning after work and take her for a nice long drive. Maybe I should have taken the hubs off earlier, but I didn't do anything different this time around. Oh well. The vibration didn't go away completely but is much less noticeable. It's probably my old *** tires. I'm going to swap out the suspected bad tire and see what difference that makes. I would have done that before the bearings came loose but loose bearings was a bigger issue, so back to the original problem.

Scott

Thanks for the update Scott. Hope it continues to wrk out. I am taking my car back tot he alignment shop for a re-balance and inspection of the alignment this morning

Back