Vietnam POW John McCain

To stay w/ his fellow POW's till wars end by choice earned respect the there is no measure.

No, your WRONG! He refused to leave unless every POW caught before him are released as well. Those boys said HELL NO as it's a violation of the Code of Conduct and UCMJ. Thus giving McLame a bad name as a traitor! And he never got punished for that, so they shunned him!

Ever hear the saying, "Opinions are like assholes", here are some facts,
1. Everyone has one.
2. Everyone thinks theirs is perfect.
3. Everyone thinks the other persons is full of crap.

Phoenix New Times is pretty well-respected for its investigative pieces. It's from 1989, when the story was hot. #2 on Google (after Wikipedia), so I didn't exactly need to use any "alt right" dark-web searches.

Senators investigating senators? Please.

View attachment 208847

As I thought you didn't read the report, using a special outside counsel, but why should that stop you from talking about something you have no knowledge of then or now. Of course this newspaper article just happens to have come out early in the discovery period before anybody knew everything that went on. By the way did you know that this is a left leaning news outlet founded itself based on opposition to the Vietnam War and the Kent State shootings. Gee, sounds like a news outlet I might read but you? In short this news outlet doesn't care for conservatives then or now or didn't you know that. McCain, being a conservative, never fit in with the New Times. Notice how they didn't go after DeConcini the Democrat. You really need to research the background first before using it.

Now your problem, as I see it, is for you to tell me what should have happened to these five Senators with varying degrees of contact with Keating? Mind you the Senate had absolutely no rules regarding this sort of intervention on behalf of a constituent with bank regulators. They therefore violated no Senate rules. Cranston, DeConcini and Riegle were the three who were most involved with trying to influence regulators enough that many thought it should be The Keating Three. It is thought that McCain was included because he was Republican and that Glenn was included because the Republicans were upset McCain was included. Those two met with regulators but didn't continue to press regulators like the other three. Even after all that the Senate still couldn't pass any ethics rules regarding such practices in the future. So if you are going to be upset I would focus on that issue that the Senate failed to correct.

Last edited:
Integrity as a husband? When his 1st wife was battling canc er he left her.
And as a senator he didnt follow the voters wishes.
That's not integrity.
My son (retired Navy) called him an admirals son of a ...
He was not repected in Navy circles.

Most voters are poorly informed about most things.

Your son personally knew the man? Really the only way one could know such a thing.

Hmm, Navy circles. What Navy circles might that be if I may ask. Tell you what, I happen to know a retired O-8, a couple at O-6, and then some Vietnam aviators including one shot down over Haiphong in 1966. I'm going to ask them and see what they say when I see them over the next couple of months. That includes Fleet Week coming up where I help the Navy League serve the sailors. Sound like a plan?

Go Navy

Last edited:
A rational decent man, rightly defends his opponent; another decent American. Truly defining decency and America.

Bob Dole may have some insight;

“I've said repeatedly in this campaign that the President was my opponent and not my enemy. And I wish him well, and I pledge my support in whatever advances the cause of a better America because that's what the race was about in the first place, a better America as we go into the next century.”

Last edited:
A rational decent man, rightly defends his opponent; another decent American. Truly defining decency and America.

Bob Dole may have some insight;

“I've said repeatedly in this campaign that the President was my opponent and not my enemy. And I wish him well, and I pledge my support in whatever advances the cause of a better America because that's what the race was about in the first place, a better America as we go into the next century.”

Excellent! That is what matters the most to me. If we can't be civil to one another, we really have nothing that makes us great.

Well...my son knew people who knew him including a Rear Admiral. Many refused to comment.

And he was not burned in the Forrestal accident which he said in the book he wrote. It was his crew c hief who was badly burned. While the fires were still ragig he went below and watched it on cctv accordig to those present. And accordig to video and witnesses his plae was not hit by a rocket. The only way his bomb could have released is if two switches were thrown. It is thought in the panic that ensued he may hve tripped them. Hours later he was on a helo going to Saigon for as he clled it "much needed r&r". No one knew he left the ship. Meanwhile the fires were still burning.
As a senator he went around the world fomenting wars and was funded by the likes of soros.

Last edited:
Well...my son knew people who knew him including a Rear Admiral. Many refused to comment.

And he was not burned in the Forrestal accident which he said in the book he wrote. It was his crew c hief who was badly burned. While the fires were still ragig he went below and watched it on cctv accordig to those present. And accordig to video and witnesses his plae was not hit by a rocket. The only way his bomb could have released is if two switches were thrown. It is thought in the panic that ensued he may hve tripped them. Hours later he was on a helo going to Saigon for as he clled it "much needed r&r". No one knew he left the ship. Meanwhile the fires were still burning.
As a senator he went around the world fomenting wars and was funded by the likes of soros.
Your son is wrong, here is the Official Navy Board Of Inquiry http://www.jag.navy.mil/library/investigations/USS FORRESTAL FIRE 12 AUG 69 PT 1.pdf

Read my post about "the other side".
I didt say my son said that. You assumed it.
I only said my son said he wasnt well respected.
In fact after the fire mccain requested a transfer ad commeted on how others didnt like him becuse mayhem followed him.
Officil reports....you men like the Warren commission report? There is nothig to see in area 51? We all kow govt reports are written to cover someoes butt or hide thetruth.
Notice McCain said in his book he was not injured in the mishap.
He also said in his xfer request he didnt know if he could bomb the enemy after seeig the fire.

Last edited:
McLame a bad name as a traitor!

I saw his propaganda broadcast as a child. enuf, done with, ignore.
Amazing how all copies of the broadcast were seized/destroyed.

I had a friend whose brother was in Vietnam for 5 years after the last helicopter left the rooftop of the embassy. I asked how could that be? Americans were hated how did you get away with that? His response was "I was there on a French passport, they didn't hate the French anymore" French? You speak French?, His response; "Rick I speak 5 languages fluently".
end of conversation... Now there's a silent Hero.

A little note about Vietnam from Blindspot.
Segment 01:18:03 Professor Bartlett - "To allow us to get our hands on their resources before they get developed and want to use them for themselves".

40559661_2031531403535842_2830000607564136448_n.jpg

Back