VIN question

I assume you are working on a 67 Fury? If you got the specs from the book you should have no problem, the mistakes were mostly in the VIN data, not the mechanicial end.
That would be a safe assumption! I had a 318/904 and moved up to a 413/727 and ma damn shaft was to long!

Five inches or so,,,, I'm sure the shop did a good job. The Plymouth has a shorter driveshaft then the Chrysler or dodge. if you followed the specs in the book, you will be fine.How did you deal with the need for the larger spline yoke?

I had a 67 newyorker I bought for parts that came with the 413/727 and the driveshaft with the yolk.

It never was. Just a package deal. 800 bucks for an Oklahoma newyorker with rusty c pillars, a 413,727 and a few ebody parts that were in the car. So far I'm outta pocket $70 on the purchase after selling the nyer and the ebody stuff. I still have a 70 slapstick shifter to get rid of then I'll be on the plus side.

Last edited:
that works. The Plymouth C body was a favorite with the cops, with the lighter weight and shorter wheel base. A 413/440 in those cars is a great combination.

The 413 was cheap and a unique combo in the 67. It's never gonna be a racecar, just a cars how cruiser. I like the wrinkled foreheads I get when I tell people it's a 413. Why not a 440? My response is it's a Cbody with a big block! That's not enough? Idk everybody seems to expect a 440. I like that it's not!

The 413 is an excellent engine. You won't notice the difference, and it looks the same. When I was in High School a guy ran a 62' Savoy with a hoped up 413, and ran all the new muscle cars ragged.(1965-67) it isn't all the engine, a good driver is hard to beat

413 can be as cool as a 440 your car would be really awesome if you got a set of cross ram intakes be the only 67 Fury with them.

3507465026_874f1e7da9_z.jpg

3507465026_874f1e7da9_z.jpg

The '66 and '67 FSMs are in error, far as engine callouts go. It's been known for many years. It's not because you got a reprint or got one off everyone's "favorite" auction site.

Damond, If you do decide to do the ramz you're looking at two simple modz to make it workable KINDA. First iz to extend the length of the trans dip stick AND tube by about ah foot so you can reach it to check it once in ah while. And second is to take a serious hammer and persuade a section of the passenger side inner fender to relocate ah bit closer to wheel opening so that side ram will lay down and you can bolt and torque it to the drivers side head. And then theirz the thing about ditching the Magnum or TNT up sweep headers for plan ole' logz too 'cuz they won't fit under the rams. Theirz ah bit more too but hey, What Eye Candy!

Damond, If you do decide to do the ramz you're looking at two simple modz to make it workable KINDA. First iz to extend the length of the trans dip stick AND tube by about ah foot so you can reach it to check it once in ah while. And second is to take a serious hammer and persuade a section of the passenger side inner fender to relocate ah bit closer to wheel opening so that side ram will lay down and you can bolt and torque it to the drivers side head. And then theirz the thing about ditching the Magnum or TNT up sweep headers for plan ole' logz too 'cuz they won't fit under the rams. Theirz ah bit more too but hey, What Eye Candy!
Thanks Jer! That would be a beautiful set up! I read the thread the other day about the trans tube length, didn't know about the need for persuasion. I think before I'd go for the long Rams I'd like to have the ole 413 punched out to 426. I'd love to have a few more cubes. Nothin at all against the 440, it's just that it's one of the most common of the bigblocks.

I'm not sure that cross ram setup would even fit! The engine compartments (56-62) were taller,and wider. But it would definitely be cool! Now a hood with two big air cleaners would do it.:laughing4:

I've seen that same misprint as well. You are correct as I have an H code 383 4bbl in my 67 Sport Fury.

Last edited:
Back