Vintage NASCAR

image.jpeg
Neil "soapy" Castles in the 06 Charger

image.jpeg
Petty testing the Magnum at Daytona. From what I've read the car had much improved frontal downforce over the previous Charger. However in race traffic at speed the car was loose due to the low flat trunk & small rear spoiler. The car was not as bad as legend has it, but it wasn't as good as it needed to be either. Had Chrysler not got into its finiacial woe's I believe they could have figured out a good balance

image.jpeg
Texas World Speedway 1972. Richard Petty's first win in a Dodge. Richard & his brother Maurice with the crew standing behind them

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
1979 Talledega 500. Buddy Arrington driving a Magnum he bought from Petty. Finished 8th In the spring race at Talledega he finished 3rd in this car. Showing Richard's new chebbie the fast way around. Still using a open trailer. By this time nearly everyone had tractor trailers

image.jpeg
Nashville July 1978. Richard's last drive in a Dodge before switching to a chebbie. I remember where I was at. I was sitting on the deck on a beach house my family had rented for the week in Topsail Island, NC. My dad had gone out & bought a paper. I heard him yell for me to come in & he told me about it. I was absolutely heart broken. Ruined my whole vacation. Still smarts after all these years

Back