Vogue tyres - opinions

MetalManiacAZ

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to ditch the 50's gangster wide whites that came on my 68 Crown Coupe. Since our beloved Cooper and Kumhos are all on backorder, I looked outside of the box and came up with these sweet looking Vogue tires. I dig the 2" stripe and until I can custom order some triple stripes from Diamondback, I'm considering these. Yes, they're f'n spendy. Since my experience with Vogues is limited to Too $hort rap songs and old people Cadillacs from Sun City, I wanted to see if any of you guys have tried them.
Screenshot_20220418-152015_Brave.jpg

i bought a set of 235/75 1.6" ww almost 2 yrs ago, ride and handling seem good but from new they have that yellowish stain that keeps coming back.
i bought a container of white wall wax that is supposed to draw the stain out but it has to be used with the wheel off, flat on the ground in 70+
weather which we havent had yet here.

would i buy them again ? i guess that will depend on whether the miracle white wall wax does what it claims ( hehee)

20190605_132933.jpg

20190612_153340.jpg

20190604_164815.jpg

$hort Dogg's in the house!

I looked into getting Vogues on my '85 Eldorado years ago, but like you said they were spendy and all the tire guys I talked to said that they rode like crap. I have no first hand experience though.

If you're looking into spending that much I would opt for D-backs. They use Toyos as their "blank" which are a high quality tire to start with.

Another option for that size WW is American Classic. However, I had cracking issues with those, but they were driven daily and exposed to the elements.

$hort Dogg's in the house!

I looked into getting Vogues on my '85 Eldorado years ago, but like you said they were spendy and all the tire guys I talked to said that they rode like crap. I have no first hand experience though.

If you're looking into spending that much I would opt for D-backs. They use Toyos as their "blank" which are a high quality tire to start with.

Another option for that size WW is American Classic. However, I had cracking issues with those, but they were driven daily and exposed to the elements.
Yeah, the D Backs are at the top of my list but I'm in a time crunch unfortunately. I have to load that BIIIIIIIITCH (see what I did there?) and my 300 on a transport for our relocation east in about 2 weeks.

Really? Is it like a defect from one of their yellow/white tire runs?

im told its the release agent that is put in the molds that gets into the pores of the whitewall.
there might have been too much in, dont know how true that is.
i know people who have vogues without this prob.
this is the stuff that was recommended i try - might be a couple more months before we get above 70 here, i will post about it then...

1650323944691.png

1650323989141.png

im told its the release agent that is put in the molds that gets into the pores of the whitewall.
there might have been too much in, dont know how true that is.
i know people who have vogues without this prob.
this is the stuff that was recommended i try - might be a couple more months before we get above 70 here, i will post about it then...

View attachment 526698
View attachment 526699
Great info. At least I'll know there's a potential fix if I pull the trigger and have the same problem. Those look super classy on your NYB!

Is it necessary to use that wax in the open air or can it be used indoors?

On the earlier 1960s, Vogues had some butyl rubber tires that the drag racers liked, just as they liked the similar Atlas Bucrons back then, too. Seems like they were made in England, back then?

In the later '60s, Vogues were usually sold by Cadillac dealers as an upgrade of sorts. Mainly in cosmetics, as I recall. Not inexpensive, either.

In later years, I believe that Kelly-Springfield (part of the Goodyear group?) was making them, fwiw.

What about Nexen whitewalls?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

tire wax must be done in 70+ sunlight, no clouds !
as far as i know vogues are still US owned but are made in vietnam. or at least the 1s i have are. i had to pay extra duty on them because i bought them from discount tire in the states, got em shipped to canada and found out vietnam doesnt have the same trade status as other countries with canada so there was an extra $90 duty
i dont believe nexen has a large white wall width. i went with the 1.6" ww vogues because thats the ww width that came on my car ( part of the Salon package)

Did I hear correctly that you just need these for loading the car for transportation? Maybe get something to use just as rollers and order the tires that you really want.
Yes, and unfortunately two of the rims are Lincolns (with spacers courtesy of the PO to make them "work" ugh) but Sgtfury is sending me some correct 67-68 rims. I may go the cheap route, it all just depends on timing. I know I could rock those Vogues for a couple years and be happy.

I have the yellow pinstripe / wide white variety on my 5th Ave and they ride fine. I will say that I feel that they have a softer compound as I feel I've burned through them quicker than other brands in the past...I am soon about to replace my Vogues...I hope to squeeze one more season out of them.

I use SOS pads to clean whitewalls and then 303 Protectant. Works pretty well.

It seems kind of curious why Vogue would offer this tire in this day and age. The gold stripe is certainly not original for our cars nor is the whitewall.

I like the load specs but at the price I am not sure why someone would consider this brand and when they say you must use their tire cleaner then it sends up red flags too. However knowing ones options is good.

Vogue has usually been known to me as a collector car tire for European brands of upscale models with its signature gold band.

Back