Vogue tyres - opinions

I've had the Vogue gold/white striped tires on the Caddy for a few years and they're a great tire. No belt separation issues like I kept having with the Cooper white walls. The tire shop calls them mustard and mayo's and say they go almost exclusively on Cadillacs.

Here are some Vogues on an '84 Eldorado.

1610cad08.jpg

1610cad37.jpg

And as mentioned by the OP, here's a photo of Too $hort's Caddy - an '84 drop top Biarritz - on the cover of his 1987 album "Born to Mack". The Eldorado featured Vogue Tyres and had several trim modifications.

s-l1600.jpg

main-qimg-27a4028d2b43ff2a965b13b53b215f05-c.jpg

In a subsequent album - Get in Where You Fit In - that same Eldorado was used in the music video of the song "I'm A Player" - close-up shot of the wheels at 3:09.

Uncensored version:

Last edited:
And as mentioned by the OP, here's a photo of Too $hort's Caddy - an '84 drop top Biarritz - on the cover of his 1987 album "Born to Mack". The Eldorado featured Vogue Tyres and had several trim modifications.

View attachment 591024

View attachment 591025

In a subsequent album - Get in Where You Fit In - that same Eldorado was used in the music video of the song "I'm A Player" - close-up shot of the wheels at 3:09.

Uncensored version:

What's his favorite word?!?!?!?

Vogue tires are popular because they are simply beautiful with their sleek sidewall designs, and they can take corners at high speeds even on slippery roads.

If you're ready to indulge in a luxurious purchase, Vogue tires are undoubtedly one of the most visually appealing options available. Not only are they incredibly stylish, but they also boast outstanding performance to match.

If you are looking for temp tires till you get what you want, then just get a set of Nexen AH5s for the time.

I'm still stuck in the dugout, not even up to bat on these. I'm looking for 2-3 (one extra for the spare) Imperial wheels to replace the Lincolns that came on the rear when I bought the car.

Yes, and unfortunately two of the rims are Lincolns (with spacers courtesy of the PO to make them "work" ugh) but Sgtfury is sending me some correct 67-68 rims. I may go the cheap route, it all just depends on timing. I know I could rock those Vogues for a couple years and be happy.
This thread makes little sense to me - first you want to ditch the wide whitewalls and get some of the Khumos or "beloved" Coopers (that are not made in the U.S. anymore) and then you are looking for triple white stripes that were not used on the 1968 Imperials as far as I am aware, but maybe, then reverting back to wide white walls again. We have already talked a great deal on this site about the Nexens pretty much replacing the Coopers with white walls that don't hold their whiteness after time and the Khumos that may not be back again any time soon. The Nexens also have the high load ratings in addition.

My New Preferred Whitewalls for C Bodies

This thread makes little sense to me - first you want to ditch the wide whitewalls and get some of the Khumos or "beloved" Coopers (that are not made in the U.S. anymore) and then you are looking for triple white stripes that were not used on the 1968 Imperials as far as I am aware, but maybe, then reverting back to wide white walls again. We have already talked a great deal on this site about the Nexens pretty much replacing the Coopers with white walls that don't hold their whiteness after time and the Khumos that may not be back again any time soon. The Nexens also have the high load ratings in addition.

My New Preferred Whitewalls for C Bodies
The 68's did come with triple white. I was leaning toward the Vogues because the stripe is a little wider than the Nexens/Cooper/Khumo (but not nearly as wide as the whites that look like they belong on a Packard) and resemble the thickness of the triple whites.

R (1).jpeg

When I had an '85 Eldorado about 15 years ago, I went with 215-75-R15 American Classics ..... much better value than vogues. And the car probably didn't need that extra little bit o' 'bling'....

I miss this car, but if it hadn't been hit, I probably wouldn't have landed into the C-body scene.

P7110040.JPG

DSCN2318.JPG

When I had an '85 Eldorado about 15 years ago, I went with 215-75-R15 American Classics ..... much better value than vogues. And the car probably didn't need that extra little bit o' 'bling'....

I miss this car, but if it hadn't been hit, I probably wouldn't have landed into the C-body scene.

View attachment 608286

View attachment 608287

I have always considered those Cadillacs a styling hit just about as much as the 1966 and later Buick Rivieras as well and both models were very refined and luxurious.

1690651305944.png

Last edited:
Back