****VOTE**** Is there interest in Legendary making '70-'71 Sport Fury seat covers?

Is there interest in Legendary producing '70-'71 Sport Fury front/rear seat covers? VOTE NOW

• I'm interested in '70 Sport Fury front/rear seat covers

Votes: 26 78.8%
  • I'm interested in '71 Sport Fury front/rear seat covers

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters

1968Chryslers

Reaction score
I've had my '70 convertible for nearly 20 years, and I've always been amazed at the lack of an offering from Legendary Auto Interiors on '70-'71 Plymouth Fury seat covers, et. al. I've done quite a bit of business with them in the last year, and I've gotten to know their sales manager well. We spoke at Carlisle and he wants to gauge interest in producing '70 and '71 Sport Fury front bucket seat covers and rear seat covers. In conjunction with billyfury, who's willing to provide patterns to them, this project may actually become a reality.

So I've been bugging them about this for 15 years. How much interest is there? Vote below, and I'll send the results to Legendary.

i'd asked legendary years ago about about 71 sport fury seat covers and was told there was no demand for them...... and they werent interested in making me up a pair. hope they do come up with some now

i'd asked legendary years ago about about 71 sport fury seat covers and was told there was no demand for them...... and they werent interested in making me up a pair. hope they do come up with some now
I've been asking, badgering them for years. Then I bought 2 '68 300 interiors, and now they're interested. No matter to me, I just want to see them made.

Good luck to you guys, I hope they make them for you. I'm glad they make some 66 Fury interior items I'll be needing. Wish they made the same year Polara/Monaco seats

Who might be willing to be the "prototype" testers, should they get that far?

Just curious,
CBODY67

I'm interested. I have both a 70 and a 71 that I would like interior for. SMS has these on their website but I have heard it is like pulling teeth to get them.

Would be possibly interested in a front '70 set for the S/23, the ones in the car as you may or may not know are original to the car but are showing their age and we were talking about someday redoing them.

Thanks very much for putting this idea out Rob, and I REALLY hope they come out with them. I know they got 67 and 68 Sport Fury ones

SMS has the pattern and makes the '71 Sport Fury/GT seat covers. Very pricey and expect to wait nearly a year. I believe that they also have the patterns to make the '70 Sport Fury/GT/S/23 seat covers and for some colors that have NOS material.

SMS cannot find good help that can do the work that they have, hence the long wait times. For those of you familiar the '71 GT Sunroof car, green with a white vinyl top, SMS did the seat covers and door panels for that car.

the 71 Sport Fury seat covers im looking for is this style

71_Fury0006.jpg

I have no dog in this fight as I haven't owned a '70 Fury in many years. That said, there are many of these cars out there and I'm really surprised that one of my favorite suppliers isn't filling this niche. I think the demand has got to be there. Build it and they will come.

I will take a set of covers for my 1970 SFGT bucket seat car. This is long overdue it seems to me. They make covers for the 1970 and 1971 Chrysler 300s so why wouldn't there be at least that level of demand for the relatively popular Plymouth SFGTs of 1970- 1.

Agree long over due but someone there seems to not be receptive to doing Chrysler products in general compared to GM probably because of volumes of course based on comments from two folks who know some of the principals there well.

@FURYGT if you dont mind, what is "very pricey" for SMS made seat covers ?

tx mark

I am going by memory, $1800 - $2000 for the seat covers.

If anyone needs good used door panels for a 71 Sport Fury or GT I have a really nice set that are the light blue color that could be easily dyed to a darker color.

I had seat covers made per the original covers for my 70 Sport Fury w/ bench seat and all vinyl covers. The pleats on the seat inserts, if done correctly, should be sewn individually, with individual strips of foam, as they over/underlap one another at top and bottom. I was quoted $3500 for my front and rear. When I went to pick up the seats, the guy shook his head and said "these inserts took me so long, I should have charged you $7,000". However, he stuck with what he quoted me. They turned out great and look exactly like the originals. At $1500 or $2500, depending on what seats you're talking about (a little hard to judge as there's multiple covers), there's no way Legendary is doing the inserts as they were originally made. It's just too time consuming.

Back