Want to install 2 speakers in the front of 69 Fury.Ideas on location?

thood1954

Reaction score
In the near future I want to install 2 speakers in the front of my Fury. Anyone have ideas on location? I don't want to cut into the door or kick panels. I already have two in the rear that work off an aftermarket stereo which is mounted in ashtray area so dash was uncut. I took off the passenger side kick panel to see what kind of room was behind there. See pic. I know where there are some green panels I could buy and paint black and install speaker where grid area is. I would just have to keep the vents closed. I could just store my original ones. Any other ideas are welcome. Thanks. HPIM5803.jpg

HPIM5803.jpg

If I was to install speaker in the kick panels, I'd do as you suggested. I'd buy some questionable units, barely driver quality, and install them in those, and store the originals.

But I would never have this issue, since I have not listen to a radio in any of my personal vehicles in probably 10+ years. ;)

Two small speakers mounted in a home made wood or plastic box and mounted just under the front seats might work.

I have two 5" round three way speakers mounted in styrofoam lined ply wood boxes, covered with carpet in my 65 Coronet convertible. I put them on 10 foot leads with RCA connectors so I can place them outside the car when needed

Back