Wanted: 71 plymouth fury front bumper

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimserra

Reaction score
Contact seller
My bumper is in okay shape so it's either get it rechromed or replace it with another one in better condition. Anyone out there want to sell a decent one? Jim

I have a couple rechromed front bumpers for 70-71 Furys. Do you need the one with the small bumper strip under the headlights?

My car is a 71 Fury III with the two rubber strips under the headlights. In making it into a police car clone, I have converted the Fury III fender emblems to Fury I and have installed a Fury I rear bumper. I'm not sure if my front bumper was only used on Fury III's or not. Here is a site with photos of the build. Thanks, Jim
http://www.nypd71fury.com/CarPics2.htm

I'm not really sure, either. I think the strips were in an option package rather than just on Fury IIIs (maybe a safety/protection group or something). I've seen either on all models in 70-71. There's a 71 police car clone with them on eBay but I'm pretty sure it's a Fury III that's been dressed up with cop car parts. The ones I have are nice rechromes from National Plating - the one for the strips is $50 cheaper ($250/$300).

Yup, I think i have two with the strip holes so I like to keep things even. Which one are you interested in?

Probably the one without the strips. Mine has the strips but the rubber has some cracking and I don't know if replacements can be found. I know that shipping can get expensive. I shipped a bumper from Massachusetts to Florida recently and shipping was about $150. My zip code is 34990. Jim

I looked on E Bay and could not find the car you mentioned. Jim

I can't find it today, either. :icon_scratch: It was a white one and still had a Fury III rear bumper on it.

I hate to say this, but I think you got boned if you paid $150 to ship a bumper unless it was HUGE. I can ship this to your Zip Code FedEx for 60 bucks. Here's a couple pics - I'll email them to you, to. It's not very sunny today but it does have a good shine.

EBAY PARTS II 1018.jpgEBAY PARTS II 1019.jpg

EBAY PARTS II 1018.jpg

EBAY PARTS II 1019.jpg

The rear bumper was complete with housings, tail lights and harness and weighed in at 86 lbs and was over 6 feet 2 inches tall when standing on end so I think the shipping was in line with reasonable costs. The seller shopped around and told me the exact cost prior to the purchase. The bumper was everything he said it was plus. I was quite satisfied with the transaction. Jim

Yeah, the weight with the tail lights probably bumped it into the OS classification - I can see that. This one is 6' 6" long but only weighs 31 lb boxed. I'm glad you found one - did you find it here?

Just wanted you to know that your PMO showed up today and your bumper shipped. You should get an email from FedEx with tracking numbers. If not, let me know and I'll email them to you.

The bumper arrived today safe and sound. Thanks for being honest in describing it and also for selling it for a reasonable price. The car is in the shop for about a week. When it comes out, I'll swap out the bumper and send photos. Thanks again, Jim

That is a cool brochure. The last of the big Mopar cop cars!

I'm glad things worked out OK on this deal. Car should be coming together nicely - can't wait for pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back