WANTED WANTED CLUTCH & BRAKE PEDALS AND LINKAGE FOR 4 SPEED FOR 67 FURY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok experts, isn't 65-7 pedal setup different from 68-71?
Not identical but interchangeable without any mods.
Nobody but nobody has C-body pedals. Nobody.
You can make mods to a universal Willwood (or anybody else's) for a hydraulic setup. I dont recommend a hydraulic setup. The hydraulic throw out bearings don't play nice with an A883 tranny.

Thanks for the info. The knowledge on this site continue s to amaze me.

Signed
Mr. Nobody

Last edited:
The hydraulic throw out bearings don't play nice with an A883 tranny.

How is that Stan? I was thinking of going that way if I converted a car from auto to manual, so wife could drive the car also in a pinch and because my right leg ain't now where near as strong as it once was when I had a HD Hays Borg and Beck 11" clutch. What is the issue with hydraulic and 833's?

How is that Stan? I was thinking of going that way if I converted a car from auto to manual, so wife could drive the car also in a pinch and because my right leg ain't now where near as strong as it once was when I had a HD Hays Borg and Beck 11" clutch. What is the issue with hydraulic and 833's?
But how's your left leg?:D:D

Do they look like this?

IMG_2432.JPG
IMG_2431.JPG
IMG_2434.JPG
IMG_2433.JPG

is a clutch /peddle assembly on ebay for a 66 a body...no idea if that's the same...

I used two different hydraulic throw out bearing setups. Timken and McCloud.
Both were similar in design. When mounting them on the A833 input shaft, the gap between the bearing and the clutch is critical but keeping the correct gap for more than 500 miles is impossible because of clutch wear. And there is no external adjustment. You adjust it upon installation and you're locked into that adjustment. Readjusting the throwout bearing once it is installed is a real PITA.
Plus, I hate the feel of hydraulic over mechanical and plumbing is another PITA.

This is what the power brake pedals look like.
upload_2016-9-10_7-43-51.png

And here are the non power brake pedals. Note the common pivot shaft on these.

upload_2016-9-10_7-45-7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back