WANTED Wanted leaf springs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Bob
I will take both. How do I pay you? And most of alll How we get them here Lol

Hi Bob
I will take both. How do I pay you? And most of alll How we get them here Lol
Your PM box is full. But basically they might be too heavy to go UPS/Fed X so I can ship them via Fastenal. Clean out that pm box & I’ll send you some details. I accept PayPal

I need leafs for my 66 300. NOBODY has anything in stock. ESPO is a 6 week (probably 8) wait.

My 300 has stock 6 leaves. Is it a bad idea to put a 7 leaf spring in?

Do you mean add a leaf to the springs you have or replace the 6 leaf stack with 7?

Either way it will stiffen the ride up some. Only you can be the judge of what is too stiff tho.

I've added a leaf before, basically cut the eyes off 2 main leaves and put them under the mains. It took the sag out of it and at the time I didn't think it rode bad but that was decades ago and ride quality was secondary to getting the bumper back up where it belonged.

Did you call John R Spring. They are a manufacturer in the Detroit area.

John R. Spring Service, Inc. | Spring Manufacturer

Kevin

Do you mean add a leaf to the springs you have or replace the 6 leaf stack with 7?

Either way it will stiffen the ride up some. Only you can be the judge of what is too stiff tho.

I've added a leaf before, basically cut the eyes off 2 main leaves and put them under the mains. It took the sag out of it and at the time I didn't think it rode bad but that was decades ago and ride quality was secondary to getting the bumper back up where it belonged.

Did you call John R Spring. They are a manufacturer in the Detroit area.

John R. Spring Service, Inc. | Spring Manufacturer

Kevin
Hello Sir.

I meant replace my 6's with 7's. I have the 383 ,and the 6's are probably broken. Even the slightest dip and I'm metal to metal (I HATE that). The roads are garbage in CA, and I don't want to be disappointed with simply replacing them with spec,but I don't know if the car will stink-bug, have a really bouncy ride, or both.

Certainly, I can do that tomorrow. Now these are 50 year old springs. You should have them rearched. Unless you are just trying to get the car on the road again
Excuse me for jumping in but can you explain rearch process to me, so at least I know the process when I get mine redone here in South Africa

Excuse me for jumping in but can you explain rearch process to me, so at least I know the process when I get mine redone here in South Africa
Google rearching leaf springs. Then go to YouTube & search for a video on how it’s done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back