WANTED WANTED: Leece Neville Brackets for a 72 440 police package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copper1982

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looking for a Leece Neville Alternator Bracket setup seen here, complete or any of the pieces for a 72 fury police package.
Leece Neville Alternator brackets.jpeg
leece_neville_alter.JPG

leece neville AC diagram.jpg

Can't help with the brackets, but I am very familiar with rebuilding the alternator and have many new spare parts for them in case you ned help with that. I never found a competent shop to rebuild mine, so I ended figuring out them myself.

For my 65, I never found the brackets - ended up fabricating my own.

the shop i went too tracked 65amp LN down, will post photos when its mounted! we just reused my vintage date tag and put it on it.

the shop i went too tracked 65amp LN down, will post photos when its mounted! we just reused my vintage date tag and put it on it.
Please post pics! Out of curiosity, what did that cost you? Basically the 60, 65 and 70 amp are all the same. My 65 has a different back bracket, but functionally the same as the newer ones. The front bracket has 3 different mounting boss configurations.

Pics of my rebuilt ones (I have a spare). Spare has the newer back bracket - could not find another older version.

IMG_5146.jpg

IMG_5157.jpg

IMG_5144.jpg

I had Magneto and Electrical Service in Santa Maria California 805-925-5415, rebuild mine.
2014-11-13_001.jpg

2014-11-13_002.jpg

2014-11-13_003.jpg

the 69 upper bracket is different.
2014-11-15_005.jpg

Alan

I had Magneto and Electrical Service in Santa Maria California 805-925-5415, rebuild mine.
View attachment 527746
View attachment 527747
View attachment 527748

the 69 upper bracket is different.
View attachment 527749

Alan
Alan, I need help with the wiring, I had to fabricate a top mount bracket. we can't get mine to charge. mine does not have a condensor on the back either. I used the square base pictured and mounted the curved bracket on the bolt directly below the where the heater hose comes into the block. you can see my top belt allignment is perfectly straight. had to put a few spacers behind the curved bracket to keep the straight line. the rusted base mount you can see is broken. I fabricated a top bracket that mounts to the 2nd to last manifold bolt toward the rear of the engine. I see alan has a factory bracket, (looks shorter) mounted on 2nd manifold bolt from front.

leece neville parts layout.jpg

leece neville parts layout 1.jpg

leece neville mounted.jpg

leece neville mounting base.jpg

Leece Neville Voltage regulator.jpg

leece neville top view.jpg

leece neville top bracket.jpg

Great stuff! I wanted to have my alt natural like yours are, but looks like black is correct for 65. At least I have 2 examples of them being black so that is what I went with.

As far as not charging, its pretty simple to check. First, the right side brush stud terminal (looking from the back) on the back must have a jumper to ground. If its not there, then you need to put one in.

The second is the field wire (left side brush stud terminal) on the alt - it goes to the fld terminal on the voltage regulator. Use an ohmmeter to verify that wire.

Third, with the key on, make sure you have 12 volts to ground on the ign terminal on the voltage regulator.

Last, make sure the main stud (+) has 12 volts to ground on it - it should go to the battery via a fusible link.

If all of that is good, then with the car running, measure voltage on the left side brush stud terminal (field wire)l on the back of the voltage regulator to ground. If not charging, then it should be around 12 volts to ground. It would point to an alternator problem.

I got everything all mounted and working. I picked up a Leece Neville Regulator NOS 5013RC off ebay. please note, you must run a ground wire from the negative of the alternator to the ground of the regulator, mounting it to the fire does not ground it. Also the allen head screw on the regulator needs to be removed to adjust the small phillips head adjusting screw inside to adjust the voltage. it says adjust to 13.8 to 14.2 volts. I checked mine multiple times, and had to turn it down some because it was charging at 14.38 after I drove it on the highway. The allen head screw just locks in the adjustment. see the reg circled diagram for my LN alternator set up.

1972 Fury Leece Neville set up 4 top bracket.jpg

1972 Fury Leece Neville set up 3.jpg

1972 Fury Leece Neville set up 2.jpg

1972 Fury Leece Neville set up.jpg

Leece Neville 72 fuey mounting setup.jpg

leece neville regulator instructions 5.jpg

leece neville regulator instructions box 2.jpg

InkedLeece Neville diagram clearer_LI.jpg

1972 Fury Leece Neville set up clearer 2.jpg

Leece Neville diagram clearer page 1.jpg

Last edited:
Status