Washer bottles

All the bolt on bits and pieces are easily unbolted and upgraded with nicer bolt on parts, so why not have the full use of your ride while you search for those illusive better parts? To sideline your project car because you can't find a mint original part is just dumb!

You wouldn' be sidelined without a washer bottle or no fender mounted turn signals ...id rather have a torn correct bucket bucket seat than a nice non original

I think if you own a c body that gives you a little more slack. As far as drifting away from o.e.m. You have to sometimes. Internet was still in its infancy when I bought my 72. I’ve got formal directional indicators on my fenders cause I gave up on looking for the bulbs for the lower profile 72 ones. Who cares? Get em working and drive them.

I can see having a non factory tach, that looks factory

correct. :rofl:

I do have one nice factory washer tank (3431154) left in case anyone is looking

Last edited:
FYI someone mentioned a 100% silcone caulking. It would work if you have all the parts or can fabricate from a new cheap container.

I had an old ice maker which had an out of production part, which held water in it 24-7, broke off the drain tube. I repaired it with caulking let it set up for 24 hours and it never failed me for many more years of use. I never even needed to redue it.

A slush mold reproduction still intrigues me too.

Last edited:
I think if you own a c body that gives you a little more slack. As far as drifting away from o.e.m. You have to sometimes. Internet was still in its infancy when I bought my 72. I’ve got formal directional indicators on my fenders cause I gave up on looking for the bulbs for the lower profile 72 ones. Who cares? Get em working and drive them.
There just a little bit higher profile than the the originals (still in the family) & they work. It’s a cruise night car and I’m lucky if there’s 4 other c bodies at a gathering of hundreds of cars & I’m certainly not gonna run into anyone (besides here lol) that’s gonna pick it apart. We’re just talking about solutions for small things. We’re not dropping a 350 into anything here.

I’m just saying don’t go crazy over it. We’re never gonna be mark wormans of c bodies. Unless someone starts cranking out parts for us. Most folks never had the presence of mind to stick these cars in barns like their muscle cousins:mad: as soon as it hit 100k wich took an average family 14 years to do back then,you threw it out front & sold it to a high school kid for a couple hundred bucks. Where it eventually went to the boneyard derby or under Bigfoot. It sucks.

A little more progress on repairing the bottle. It's been quite a bit of work and still not sure if it is going to hold water. I need to put a couple more layers of cloth on before testing.
2018-04-01 16.08.15.jpg

Nicely done. I was going to do a fiberglass repair. Did you just use something like the 3M repair kit? If not what did you use?

My friend built a teardrop trailer that used fiberglass cloth over plywood construction. He gave me some trimmings from the cloth. I am using a two-part epoxy from the hardware store. If I did it again, I might use a different epoxy that is thinner. It's been hard to fully saturate the cloth and I need more volume. I made a plywood/fiberglass cloth kayak from a kit once, and it came with epoxy from System 3 that seemed easier to work with. The cloth scraps and hardware epoxy has been handy though. I used it earlier to repair a piece of plastic from the interior. Convertible Fury - 1970

My friend built a teardrop trailer that used fiberglass cloth over plywood construction. He gave me some trimmings from the cloth. I am using a two-part epoxy from the hardware store. If I did it again, I might use a different epoxy that is thinner. It's been hard to fully saturate the cloth and I need more volume. I made a plywood/fiberglass cloth kayak from a kit once, and it came with epoxy from System 3 that seemed easier to work with. The cloth scraps and hardware epoxy has been handy though. I used it earlier to repair a piece of plastic from the interior. Convertible Fury - 1970

I already added the system 3 epoxy to my amazon cart. I don't know how I missed your Fury restoration thread thanks for sharing, now I need to go back to the beginning. :)

Last edited:
Got lucky today at a swap meet that doesn't usually have a lot of Mopar sellers. He had 2 NOS tanks sold one yesterday i got the last one there. And he had NOS 440 hood emblems also.

20180805_131545.jpg

I talked with VANS last week about getting a correct 4 vent 1971 Imperial gas tank (same as other C bodies) and they have a reproduction one now that I bought. I also asked them about reproducing the washer bottle, and they said they are working on it in conjunction with another supplier. So we will see. Manny, in the post above who scored the NOS bottle, also heard the same thing from VANS recently. So there is still some hope.

I can see having a non factory tach, that looks factory

correct. :rofl:

I do have one nice factory washer tank (3431154) left in case anyone is looking
ld be interested...any pics?...inbox full...go figure...seems to be a ongoing issue with this site....

Called and talked to VANS today cause i was gonna offer to take the tank i just got to them and see if they wanted to try and repop them. He said no there is a guy that did them and they should be there at the end of the month i asked price and he said between 60 to 80 buck's.

Called and talked to VANS today cause i was gonna offer to take the tank i just got to them and see if they wanted to try and repop them. He said no there is a guy that did them and they should be there at the end of the month i asked price and he said between 60 to 80 buck's.
Put that NOS on ebay for $599 and then buy the repop for $60....

Put that NOS on ebay for $599 and then buy the repop for $60....
Thought crossed my mind but i got the NOS one yesterday for 75 buck's i gotta hang on to it who knows if ill ever find another NOS one . I wanna see how close the new tanks will look im still trying to see if they will do 69 bottles.

Back