Wave to the Ruskies...

I wonder if any of this has to do with the well announced F15 fly over in the Boston area today. They were announcing for a few days now that they were going to do a promotional fly over for the air National Guard. :plane::plane::plane::plane::plane:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...day-morning/aNNpzzpDSgv37kjP3PiwAI/story.html

Five F-15 fighter jets from the Barnes Air National Guard Base in Westfield flew at low altitudes over several Eastern Massachusetts locations.
The exercise got off to a late start, and people who ventured outside for a look at the jets were kept waiting for nearly 30 minutes.
The Massachusetts National Guard had released a statement listing the locations:
“At approximately 8:10 a.m., five F-15 Eagle fighter jets will make low passes beginning at Hanscom Air Force Base, Salem, Boston, Fenway Park, Norwood, Gillette Stadium, Cape Cod, Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard ending at about 8:45 a.m. as part of a planned training and media mission,” said Lt. Col. James Sahady, spokesman for the Massachusetts National Guard.
Some people who waited for the exercise captured images of the fast-moving formation, and shared them on social media:

B2U31JdIAAAw6KC.jpg:large

B2U4LZUIUAAIAmy.jpg

B2U4LUpIQAAU3GS.jpg

B2U80zkCAAEu6BD.jpg:large

I think Carter gets the credit for the hostage release. He was working it right up to Reagan took over. Reagan won the cold war by out spending the USSR. We made them spend to keep up with us basically destroying their economy. At least that what I've always been told. We need a smart president and congress that is more concered about the health of this country rather then "hurting" everyones feelings. Countries like China will never match our military, but they dont have to. They hold our economy in their hands, and that will be our down fall. Can you imagine us making warplanes like people did during WWII? Fist off people would be complaing what is in it for them instead of rolling up their sleeves for the greater good of the country. Most people are soft now, too PC and honestly lazy. I see it in my employees. I ask them to chip in for the greater good of the company that pays their paychecks. I ask for a little more effort and I get "will we be paid more"? I say how about in uncertian times we keep the company profitiable and having a job is your reward (if the thought of unemployment wasnt there it would even be a discussion). Anyway I see China as our biggest threat. Kill NAFTA, drop corporate taxes and get our manufactoring back here! Get business back so there are jobs, stop letting people in that dont contribute and send money back to their countries and kill welfare programs. You have kids YOU pay for them, you refuse to work, starve to death. Wow do I sound like a republican and honestly Im independant. Anyway we shouldn't fear the Russians, it is just what the media wants people to be distracted by. Worry about the one boogy man in the closet while the house around you is dismantled and disappears.

Reagan scared the crap out of the USSR and Iran both! The release was timed immediately after Reagan's swearing-in. The last thing the Iranians wanted to do was give Carter credit for the hostage release. The fact that Reagan was elected POTUS gave notice to the ayatollahs that they were going to be dealing with adults now, and not the childish simpleton that was Carter.

The Russians broke the bank open trying to out-spend the US in the arms race, and lost mightily. Reagan was never afraid of telling it like it is, and people listened. People took notice, and the US was well-respected throughout the '80s and early '90s. I agree about the Chinese being the prominent threat these days; but add to that, that oh-so-wonderful "religion of peace". Neither have any qualms about killing those that get in their way, or refuse to believe as they do. Our media continues to dangle "shiny objects" to an under-informed American public to distract them from the REAL issues of the day.

I remember a speech Reagan made to the world (directed at Gorbachev) when I was stationed in West Germany...

We (U.S. Military) will use tactical battlefield nukes in Europe....

Reagan was specifically referring to these bad boys...M110A2 8 Inch Howitzer's.

Dang...Reagan was talking about us....I had 24 of them!

1463702_593465507386185_1885171092_n.jpg

1463702_593465507386185_1885171092_n.jpg

I remember a speech Reagan made to the world (directed at Gorbachev) when I was stationed in West Germany...

We (U.S. Military) will use tactical battlefield nukes in Europe....

Reagan was specifically referring to these bad boys...M110A2 8 Inch Howitzer's.

Dang...Reagan was talking about us....I had 24 of them!

View attachment 41107
"Tactical Nuke". HTF does the shooter get the f out of the area fast enough so that they themselves are not vaporized also? Does that thing have rocket jets or something mounted in the rear? or its a one way mission?

"Tactical Nuke". HTF does the shooter get the f out of the area fast enough so that they themselves are not vaporized also? Does that thing have rocket jets or something mounted in the rear? or its a one way mission?

At 20 km you're well out side the blast zone the the side of the nuke used in those things. Heck you're well outside most blast areas at 20km.

I need one of those
!

With a little training....you can put a 205 lb bullet inside of a trash can from 20 kilometers. LOL!
Hate metric. Grrrrr...
One meter = 39".
39" = 3.25'
One Km = 1,000 meters.
20 Km = 20,000 meters.
20,000 meters = 20,000 x 3.25 = 65,000'
5,280' = 1mile.
12 (!!!) Miles. Are you shitting me???

Posted via Topify on Android

Does it really matter if you miss by a couple of feet ?

Not really...each bullet has an 80 meter "Sure Kill Radius" from point of impact. At 375 meters from point of impact the round is still ripping off arms, heads, and legs.

We also have a "VT" (Variable Time) fuse that we can set to "SD" Super Delay that will allow the bullet to go through 10 feet of concrete (underground too) before it detonates.

We shoot 24 of them at a time into a box or a grid to maximize the effect.

The fly boys get extremely nervous if they are flying near us when our gun tubes are pointed in the air...

Hate metric. Grrrrr...
One meter = 39".
39" = 3.25'
One Km = 1,000 meters.
20 Km = 20,000 meters.
20,000 meters = 20,000 x 3.25 = 65,000'
5,280' = 1mile.
12 (!!!) Miles. Are you shitting me???

Posted via Topify on Android

RAP (Rocket Assisted Projectile)

The M110's range varied from 16,800 meters to approximately 25,000 meters when firing standard projectiles, and up to 30,000 meters when firing rocket-assisted projectiles.

30 kilometers Stan.

The nuke rounds fly further yet....distance still classified (last I was informed)

Projectiles[edit]

1. M14 Dummy
  2. M106 HE
  3. M650 HE Rocket Assist Projectile (RAP)
  4. M509 ICM
  5. M404 ICM anti-personnel (airburst)
  6. M426 agent GB Sarin
  7. M422A1 W33 (nuclear weapon)
  8. W79 (nuclear artillery shell)

Back