weatherstrip install advice

HOT FURY

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone replaced this weatherstrip that can advise how to go about doing it? I picked up the new pieces of weatherstrip from an online source specifically for here thanks to the advice from other members but cant find the install instructions in my service manual for this specific part. I want to avoid messing something up inadvertently on the quarter window trim where the rubber seal goes even though it appears to possibly be simple. thx

IMG_5010.jpeg

I ended up using rubber cement on my quarter window seals. They didn’t want to stay otherwise. I still to need to adjust the alignment of the front windows because they want to catch on the new seals when rolling up …. Good luck, it takes time and finagling to get everything working right.

If it's like other similar weatherstrips on quarter windows, it can take some finesse and muscle to get it broken loose after being crammed into that groove for decades, from my experience.

There should be a small "tail" on the bottom, so push downward in that direction, from the top. "Language" might make you fell better, but not really help much. But once you get it to move a bit, it gets easier to do.

When installing, reverse direction, to "bottom upward". Put some water or possibly some rubber lube on the rubber so it might slide in easier. Careful is the operative method. It might take 30 minutes to do the deal, but it's a good time investment. Only have to do it once, per side.

CBODY67

Back