Welcome all new to the forum

Vanish

Reaction score
Hi all

Well this is my second older mopar i have always owned and worked on the 65 thru modern Mopar car's & trucks and to me that was all i needed to know. "i know the world is flat"

Well about sixteen years back i came across an semi clean 61 four door belevedere in cream and gold sitting my buddy's junkyard tried several times to buy and trade
for this forgotten beast and the answer was always a half sly chuckle not to you butch you will just put another ugly old Mopar on the road (Big Chevy guy)so she sat.

One day i went to look at a guys 49 dodge that was in just terrible shape and far and above his level of work and causally mention to him that i knew were a much better car was and it could be had for a very small price ....... just don't say that (you know Butch) and it will be yours, well it worked out and the guy even deliverer it to him for free
and so she sat.

Fast forward a few years divorce for the happy couple and i get a call you want this car ...........Ohhh yupp i do got to get the truck and 20 mins she is running he only cleaned out the gas tank and dumped Marvel mystery oil down the intake and in the cylinders also new plugs. now what to do with this thing after all this time its mine well my 20 year old son just fell in love with it so much he sold his triple black 74 charger and made his own rat rod .......... duh and then it sat again.

Along comes the wife, when are you going to get rid of this car ???? i say get in and we went for a ride man this thing was just like sitting in your living room and she just glided down the road ...... She said this is a nice car but she still got to go .... dammit so i took her to a few car shows no one knew what this old car was also she got tons of looks and a hell of a lot of tire kickers along the way till the right guy came along and boom she was gone and some how i missed that old girl.

Well i got in a very bad auto accident and now i cant work or get around very well .... note to self be happy your still breathing
wink.gif
my 68 Charger is a 4speed and well is almost 95% done needing just a few things to be road ready also i have a newer Challenger R/T very nice car so do i need another car ............. hell yeah i do !!

One day a friend stopped buy and we were talking what would be the only other car i would want and i said i want a big fin car and that's it done stick a fork in me its over.
he got a chuckle out of that the very next month a buddy who owns a towing service gives me a call hey i was talking to Shawn and he told me you were looking for a wing car
Wow is it a dodge he said nope ........... awe shucks ........... its a Plymouth ..... really ...... and For Sale so hurry up!!

So on March /20th /2014 i bought a rust free 1960 two door hardtop 318 auto White Belevedere in original paint with 86 tho miles on the clock and has not been touched in 33 years never started nothing the guy parked it in his garage and never looked at it again. and to boot { i know the guy } he never ever said he owned that car always complemented me on my old mopars but never ever said a peep .....

Remember don't ever give up this is what you could find a half mile from your house.

Butch .......

Last edited:
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Lets see your cars, all of 'em!

:sSig_greetingsthor: ......... :welcome:
Glad you made it over here Butch. I was drooling over your 60 Belvedere on the FL site. WOW ...... NICE find, good story.
You have a nice ecliptic collection of Mopars there...... just need to add a C body now.

What are your plans for the 60 ...... ? Looks like some interior repair, mech matainance and a seriors cleaning is all she really needs.

Keep us informed. Feel free to check out the site and don't hesitate to ask questions here.

Will.

Turn your autocorrect off Will, ecliptic?
Wow Butch, beautiful job on that Charger! Those are my hands down favorite cars ever and '68 is the pinnacle.
That Belvedere looks rock solid, love it!

Yes that's a cool pic i found on the web ....... now how did that get in there oh btw i use to race dirt in the bomber class tons of fun and highly recommend to anyone with anger problems .... Ha ha

Back