Welcome Big Daddys 300 to FCBO!

Big Daddys 300

Reaction score
I am undertaking a project I know will be difficult. I have both auto and marine restoration experience. A 1967 Chrysler 300 convertible 440, 3sp auto, custom ordered car with some bells and whistles not found on many Chryslers. My biggest hurdle will be the uni-body frame repair. It is in poor shape but I believe restorable. This part of the project is where I will need the most advice. Any sound advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am undertaking a project I know will be difficult. I have both auto and marine restoration experience. A 1967 Chrysler 300 convertible 440, 3sp auto, custom ordered car with some bells and whistles not found on many Chryslers. My biggest hurdle will be the uni-body frame repair. It is in poor shape but I believe restorable. This part of the project is where I will need the most advice. Any sound advice would be greatly appreciated.

Awesome bro, I am in York, Pa I got a 67 0 with 440 and 3spd as well it's in very good shape and I am going to need some direction and advice as well. Glad I aint the only one who needs guidance.

Awesome bro, I am in York, Pa I got a 67 0 with 440 and 3spd as well it's in very good shape and I am going to need some direction and advice as well. Glad I aint the only one who needs guidance.
Thanks Cortez, Looks like you have an awesome 67 300 as well, would gladly exchange any advice and tips!

I am not sure where to start, it is running and strong but i have a rear main leak that I am told is most likely due to sitting in the garage the last 2 years, I am not sure if I should jsut rebuild motor with all new gaskets ect first then move to the looks...I am just stumped with the order of things like what makes sense to do first. Is there a logical order when frame off is not an option and ur on a (don't piss off the wife too much) budget?

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
Cortez, if the engine doesn't need to be rebuilt then just fix the rear main. How badly is it leaking? Some leakage is not out of the norm.

Well it leaves a decent puddle way more than a few drips. Enough to need addressed.

Well it leaves a decent puddle way more than a few drips. Enough to need addressed.
The seal itself isn't a big deal to do, not fun by any stretch but not the end of the world either. I'd say if all else is good with the mill, replace the seal and enjoy some travel time unless you intend to do a restore in the short term. If you intend that, I'd yank the whole drivetrain and rebuild while that restoration is happening.

The seal itself isn't a big deal to do, not fun by any stretch but not the end of the world either. I'd say if all else is good with the mill, replace the seal and enjoy some travel time unless you intend to do a restore in the short term. If you intend that, I'd yank the whole drivetrain and rebuild while that restoration is happening.
I am with your initial frame of thought I wanna drive and make obvious additions while driving and save any large projects for winter months.

I am with your initial frame of thought I wanna drive and make obvious additions while driving and save any large projects for winter months.
I'm a strong believer in driving. My Monaco will be up from Texas in time for the spring. Needs a timing chain, a trans leak chased down and a heavy tune up to be ready for summer cruising... I'm just gonna overlook where someone took a buffer wheel to it, wore off the paint then touched up with the wrong color for the summer!

I'm a strong believer in driving. My Monaco will be up from Texas in time for the spring. Needs a timing chain, a trans leak chased down and a heavy tune up to be ready for summer cruising... I'm just gonna overlook where someone took a buffer wheel to it, wore off the paint then touched up with the wrong color for the summer!
I totally NEED to drive Ms. Clarice, my wife would never let me live it down if I had my car sitting around all the time...besides cars are meant to be driven in my opinion I can't stand a sitting car, especially a classic.

welcome big daddy from sunny california , i've got two 67 300 rags myself . yellow under customized resto , the silver
Scan0038_0038.jpg
Scan0039_0039.jpg
DSC03371.JPG
DSC03376.JPG
DSC03382.JPG
DSC03391[1].JPG
DSC03394[1].JPG
just sitting , also have a floor section from a 67 300 h/t . maybe i could help you picture what your needing . feel free to respond .

Back