Weld a fuel tank

I remember when I was a kid, my Dad patched a hole in his Tempest using a bar of soap. Lasted till we got home, then he had it fixed right.
tootsie_roll.jpg

A bullet hole is easily explained, an ice pick, on the other hand, requires a bit more of an explanation. Please, enlighten us.
LOL... Back when gas was scarce, there were cars got an ice pick or awl hole punched in the tank. There would be a locking gas cap or an "anti-siphon" spring in the neck. While it was usually easier to just hit another car, some ruthless crooks just punched a hole in the tank to steal gas. Sometimes that was just the way they did it... No mouthful of gas. Sometimes they even punched the hole on the side so it didn't drain the entire tank in one sitting.

The slickest fix I ever saw for that type of hole was a sheet metal screw inserted and then it was silver soldered to seal it.

LOL... Back when gas was scarce, there were cars got an ice pick or awl hole punched in the tank. There would be a locking gas cap or an "anti-siphon" spring in the neck. While it was usually easier to just hit another car, some ruthless crooks just punched a hole in the tank to steal gas. Sometimes that was just the way they did it... No mouthful of gas. Sometimes they even punched the hole on the side so it didn't drain the entire tank in one sitting.

The slickest fix I ever saw for that type of hole was a sheet metal screw inserted and then it was silver soldered to seal it.
I have seen this for a rust hole also

Back