What about this moulding ??

1Fury1

Slab Side Slacker
Reaction score
The Fury I is going to the body shop this week. I'm trying to keep it as original looking as possible but can't get past the ridiculous body side moulding they stuck right smack in the middle. It looks to me like the assembly line manager's afterthought.

"Hey that car looks kinda bare. You guys standing over there, ya you, put a moulding on that thing. Ok that's better now get it out the door before anybody from the aesthetics dept tries to get their two cents in".

Do ya think I should tell my body man to leave it off and fill in the holes, or keep it in the name of correctness ??

DSC02366.jpg

DSC02366.jpg

It's less of a hassle to have it done without the trim now if you think you don't like it and add it later again if you get second thoughts some day.
But have the holes closed properly with spot welds not just bondoed.

Last edited:
Easy. Leave it off and convince yourself it had the moulding delete package - I'm sure there must have been one of those. Done.

Easy. Leave it off and convince yourself it had the moulding delete package - I'm sure there must have been one of those. Done.

I just checked the broadcast sheet and sure enough it is a moulding delete model. Thanks for the reminder.

My vote is to leave it off. Some cars from the git-go look better when lean and mean. The Fury I is one of them.

< Sent from my tablet >

Ditch it for sure. Had it been on a body line it would be doable, but I agree that it looks like an afterthought.

I'd take it off and fill the holes.

Here's an idea though.... I've read about using really strong magnets to secure molding to auto bodies. So you could have the best of both worlds with a little effort.

The only problem is that it does protect you from door dings. You just have to remember that you're unprotected & park accordingly.

In most cases they'll hit the crease lines anyways as they're the highest points. They manage to ding your doors no matter how they're protected AMHIK.

I have the same car in a 2dr fast top - no moulding cause I removed it. Only thing left on is the hood moulding and hood ornament. Make sure to remove the drip rail chrome cover and bumpers before paint as well as the Fury I badge. The window trim also should be removed. If you don't
do this yourself the shop will probably mask and paint around it and you'll get peeling in those areas shortly. If you really want the nice drip
trim and side mouldings I have two complete sets that are perfect.

I have the same car in a 2dr fast top - no moulding cause I removed it. Only thing left on is the hood moulding and hood ornament. Make sure to remove the drip rail chrome cover and bumpers before paint as well as the Fury I badge. The window trim also should be removed. If you don't
do this yourself the shop will probably mask and paint around it and you'll get peeling in those areas shortly. If you really want the nice drip
trim and side mouldings I have two complete sets that are perfect.

A 66 Fast top? Now I'm confused...the Fast top came out in 67...Or does he mean that he has the hardtop roof instead of the sedan.

Back