What are you working on today??

I have this Enclave apart right now

IMG_20200804_174821990.jpg
IMG_20200804_174830934.jpg

Nice work Matt!! I'm sure we should meet some day, we really do have things to talk about !
It's still question, is it your or mine workshop?
Oh yes, I think it's mine!!
Regards
Mika
I’d like that very much Mika!:thumbsup:

they did one of those where i work. they used aftermarket timing components. came back with stretched chains six months later.
I have used GM parts, Cloyes and Melling kits on quite a few. Never had a issue with the GM parts, had a chain break on a Cloyes set after 5000 miles. Only used 2 Melling kits so the jury is still out on those.

Wasn't feeling well on Sunday so didn't work on the car (no, not the Chirona virus...just a lousy cold) but was able to put some time in last night and got the rear together. I'm very pleased with how the rear armrests and panels, which I refinished, look compared to the new seat covers. I used a 3 layer combo: SEM Sailcloth White - Herb's pearl white - semi-gloss clear. I wouldn't call the results 100% perfect but close enough that I don't think a casual observer would notice. If you want to see a before and after, just look at the rear quarter panel compared to the front door panel which has not yet been refinished.

upload_2020-8-18_9-8-13.png

Wasn't feeling well on Sunday so didn't work on the car (no, not the Chirona virus...just a lousy cold) but was able to put some time in last night and got the rear together. I'm very pleased with how the rear armrests and panels, which I refinished, look compared to the new seat covers. I used a 3 layer combo: SEM Sailcloth White - Herb's pearl white - semi-gloss clear. I wouldn't call the results 100% perfect but close enough that I don't think a casual observer would notice. If you want to see a before and after, just look at the rear quarter panel compared to the front door panel which has not yet been refinished.

View attachment 396284

Terrific job you have done here! If I ever get my rear power windows to work, I'll be doing the same thing with the Pearl White interior of my '66 300 convertible. I've got all the seats done (from Legendary) and just need to finish up with the quarter and door panels.

Your interior has inspired me. . . Mighty fine!

U joints on the 5th Ave...no pics because I just wanted to press and get it done.

Used my lift to break a tire bead so I could sandblast the wheels.
Works quite nicely. No sure it could have done it without the weight of the car.
0A324AA3-2C07-487C-B34B-4F158D4D2574.jpeg

Yesterday, my girlfriend and I made hot salsa from cherry and yellow pear tomatoes. We planted them back in May and we’ve harvested over 7 lbs so far, and I think that we’re about 20% through. We also started picking sweet corn and have probably 20-30 more ears to pick. Plus about 20 ears of popcorn...
My girlfriend has not gardened before and she is really liking it. 8^)

430A9FC3-9D10-4547-AD68-D91321D88C7A.jpeg
9406F9CC-916B-4AFA-90BB-DB57C8D3F2DC.jpeg
D141E1F8-FF78-40C1-926E-E65A0D403FF9.jpeg

Back