What are you working on today??

Back in, just need to hook up the hoses.

d3b2db5c-53e5-4ec3-b61a-1aed7fdecd1d.jpg

More rust repair today, my sons 04 Saturn Vue. The area where the LF rear trailing arm mounts rotted bad.

Some before pic's with the arm removed

Looking rearward

Vue rot.jpg

Looking forward

Vue rot 2.jpg

Reinforced the trailing arm bracket

Vue rot 4.jpg

Vue rot 5.jpg

New bushing installed

Vue rot 6.jpg

Fresh metal and undercoat, looking forward

Vue rot 7.jpg

Looking rearward
Vue rot 8.jpg

Vue rot 9.jpg

Trailing arm installed and ready to run

Vue rot 10.jpg

The rockers are rotten, but this will keep it running for the winter. He knows it's time to find a replacement. It has 301,000 on the clock, it's been a great car

More rust repair today, my sons 04 Saturn Vue. The area where the LF rear trailing arm mounts rotted bad.

Some before pic's with the arm removed

Looking rearward

View attachment 632889

Looking forward

View attachment 632890

Reinforced the trailing arm bracket

View attachment 632891

View attachment 632892

New bushing installed

View attachment 632893

Fresh metal and undercoat, looking forward

View attachment 632894

Looking rearward
View attachment 632896

View attachment 632897

Trailing arm installed and ready to run

View attachment 632898

The rockers are rotten, but this will keep it running for the winter. He knows it's time to find a replacement. It has 301,000 on the clock, it's been a great car
That’s very impressive all around!:thumbsup:

Worked on snowblower today. Drilled out broken bolt and broken extractor with a dremel. Tapped new threads. Installed new muffler, throttle assembly, spark plug. Needed to order a rubber ring for auger drive but overall a good day. Will fine tune the carb tomorrow. Goal to be 100% before a blizzard is in the forecast. Happy New Year!

Been tinkering with a 78 DT 175, I picked up at a yard sale. Tank reline, carb, new clutch. A ride around in January sure is refreshing. Next up is lights.
20231229_161801.jpg
20231229_161805.jpg
20231229_180735.jpg

putting a new fuel pump in the 72 Monaco and got some exhaust work done on the diesel Land Cruiser............ luckily a friend has pipe bending machines, no replacement exhaust pieces readily available for diesels, gas yes....

1704317099515.jpeg

As a big toyota fan boy I'm very jealous of that land cruiser.

gonna be putting NOS lenses & trim on today inc an NOS rear bumper. dont think its been off road much if ever; the story we got it was that it was owned by a mercedes dealer's service manager who was a fanatic about it

Snow is in the forecast for early next week so I got my plow truck ready. I repaired the LF side plow light and installed it, mounted the plow and salter.

plow.jpg

salter.jpg

Started getting my hoist into position. Had to get creative with shims on the right post because it was between 1/16” and 1/4” lower than the left post.
IMG_6730.jpeg

Back