What are you working on today??

I had the plow truck out yesterday and this morning I went out at 6 to go plow and it wouldn't start. I could here the solenoid snap, but it wouldn't crank. I went back out at about 10, hit the starter and solenoid and it finally cranked over. I took it up to the shop, pulled the starter, took it apart, lubed the gear reduction, brushes looked good, replaced the solenoid ( studs broke when I tried to remove the nuts), reinstalled it, and I was back in business

I do everything with a builders laser.
Lift off, we have lift off! :lol:
IMG_6912.jpeg

I spent some greenbacks on some lead.
I reviewed both the coach and chassis batteries in Bruno, our 2010 Holiday Rambler Endeavor diesel pusher. Both sets were produced in early 2018. 6 years is a good run.

I picked up the coach deep cycle batteries at the local Interstate store and the chassis batteries from Costco. Costco couldn’t get the coach batteries and the Interstate battery store wouldn’t deal on price.

We’re heading out on a trip to Arizona in March.
IMG_9357.jpeg

IMG_9356.jpeg

While I am contemplating the solution for the problem that causes Bruno, our 2010 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, to die while driving on wet roads, I started replacing components that I do when I change the oil.

New Donaldson P533930 air filter, P550879 primary fuel filter. Additionally, silicon grease on the fuel filter o-ring (slides on the threaded stud) and the filter seal.
We put about 13,000 miles on the rig since the last service.

Secondary fuel and oil filters will be replaced as well as 27 quarts of Amsoil 15W-40 premium fully synthetic diesel oil.

IMG_9475.jpeg
IMG_9477.jpeg
IMG_9476.jpeg

Last edited:
I went out yesterday morning to my plow truck to do some clean up plowing, and I was greeted with something hanging from one of the e-brake cables. I looked closer and it's a bushing and piece of steel. Looking under the truck and I find the front leaf spring rotten away and the top of the spring eye broken

Leaf spring.jpg

So I went up to work for an emergency repair (cobble job)

I dug around and found a bushing, then blasted the outer piece of the hanger

Leaf spring 2.jpg

I used the plasma cutter to make a piece for the rear of the hanger

Leaf spring 3.jpg

This is the piece welded in place

Leaf spring 4.jpg

I bolted the bushing in place with the outer piece of the old hanger, I then welded 3 pieces in place, one on the top and one on each side.

Leaf spring 5.jpg

Leaf spring 6.jpg

Not my best work by far, but it's functional and got the truck back out to do the plowing I needed to get done. The truck is getting really rusty from years of Michigan winters and plowing, it's a 98 chevy 2500 and has 260,000 on it. It's served me well. I have a 91 1500 that I have had for years, it was going to be a plow truck before the 98. I have the engine and trans out of it, but have until next winter to get it up and running with the plow mounted.

After successfully getting the windshield gasket replaced in Tucson, the step in the RV went kaput. I believe it started going south before Tucson, but now it’s done with an e.
I could hear the motor that drives the step, but the step was loosey goosey as if it was disconnected from the drive motor.

I pulled the motor and transmission out and the plastic inserts inside the transmission were busted into pieces.

I ordered a replacement and it should be here tomorrow.

IMG_9683.jpeg
IMG_9684.jpeg
IMG_9685.jpeg

After successfully getting the windshield gasket replaced in Tucson, the step in the RV went kaput. I believe it started going south before Tucson, but now it’s done with an e.
I could hear the motor that drives the step, but the step was loosey goosey as if it was disconnected from the drive motor.

I pulled the motor and transmission out and the plastic inserts inside the transmission were busted into pieces.

I ordered a replacement and it should be here tomorrow.

View attachment 649900View attachment 649901View attachment 649902
Looks like a window motor

Replaced the yard light on the shop with an LED unit. Rented a 19’ scissor lift. Had to make some modifications, but I think it came out nice.
IMG_9988.jpeg
IMG_9989.jpeg

IMG_9990.jpeg
IMG_9991.jpeg

Looked into why our 2000 F250 5.4l truck was running poorly when cold. I started in looking at the wiring to the intake air control valve. Lo and behold, mice chewed the wires clean off of the bundle.
The harness was way in the back of the engine and down low.
So, I ran a pair of wires from the remnants to splice into the wiring at the disconnect on the block. It worked!

IMG_0087.jpeg
IMG_0093.jpeg

Last edited:
Looked into why our 2000 F250 5.4l truck was running poorly when cold. I started in looking at the wiring to the ignition control valve. Lo and behold, mice chewed the wires clean off of the bundle.
The harness was way in the back of the engine and down low.
So, I ran a pair of wires from the remnants to splice into the wiring at the disconnect on the block. It worked!

View attachment 655050View attachment 655051
You need more cats!

Made tow bar adapters to pull an F250 7.3 4x4 out of the garage to store outside (tarp over it). Engine and power train are in good shape.
Moving it out of the garage as we’re replacing the 2 car garage with a 4 car garage and a breezeway to connect the garage to the house.

IMG_0140.jpeg
IMG_0141.jpeg

Got rid of the 14 Olds wheels, replaced with 14 inch Chebby ralley wheels w chupa cabra tires.
20231115_142513.jpg

95 Deville front brakes. Can't wait to get rid of this Crapillac. More room for another Mopar, something that stays fixed when its fixed.
So, today I worked on garage space for the future Chrysler.

Nice 65! What powerplant?
I have a 66 Vert (which needs attention) unfortunately it’s an automatic.
Just a 110, 4 speed manual, Monza. A co worker was retiring and moving out of state. This one needs tlc, but can still be daily driven.
Post up a pic of the 66.

Back