What did you do to your C-body today....

Drove the Imperial for the first time in several months on Saturday. One turn of the key and she was running great! I took it out for the local coffee & cars, and put about twenty miles on her after that. Saturday afternoon, I took my wife out for ice cream and had a nice ride afterwards. She isn't really into my old Mopars at all; nor are my adult sons, but she enjoyed our little outing in the ragtop.

Ran into charging system problems on my 66 this weekend. Took the alternator off and it’s pooched. I just replaced it two or three years ago and have only driven a few thousand miles since (it’s a cheap China made unit so I am not surprised). I will replace the Voltage regulator as well. Anyways the supplier is providing me a new one under warranty. Need it done for this weekend as we want to enter it in a parade.

Ran into charging system problems on my 66 this weekend. Took the alternator off and it’s pooched. I just replaced it two or three years ago and have only driven a few thousand miles since (it’s a cheap China made unit so I am not surprised). I will replace the Voltage regulator as well. Anyways the supplier is providing me a new one under warranty. Need it done for this weekend as we want to enter it in a parade.
Got another cheap Chinese alternator and it’s up and running now. Charging perfectly but we will see how long it lasts this time. Good thing for warranty.

Ya! I’m *** deep in it now!!, definitely no turning back, and my dumb *** had to do this 2 weeks before Carlisle.. Geeeezzz.

I’m feeling confident though, I’ve got all refurbished or new stuff going back in. All refurbished instrument cluster and gauges, the plastic gauge frame, Powder coated knee panel. Hope to have it all in by Saturday. might be a bit ambitious, but we’ll see.

IMG_3868.jpeg

IMG_3869.jpeg

Drove it to a local weekly car meet.
20230629_183010.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Subaru Sambar is only a foot longer than my quarter panel lol

On the way home it started creeping at intersections and then the brake light came on. I still had brakes, but it would creep if I didn't keep a lot of pressure on the pedal. I don't see a leak, but haven't checked the brake cylinders yet. That said, I get the feeling I've either lost the brake booster, or vacuum to the booster.
The joys of 50 year old cars.

Added a passenger side mirror and replaced broken rear license plate door. Thanks to Murray Park for parts.

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2088.jpg

IMG_20230701_105209_308.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

changing rims and tires, I went from stock 14x6 to 15x6 with 22575r15. It was HOT/HUMID and this 75 year old ran out of gas, I'll finish up tomorrow, just can pound it out anymore. update. finished up today. not bad looking. IMO

DSC07454.JPG

DSC07455.JPG

DSC07456.JPG

DSC07457.JPG

DSC07459.JPG

Last edited:
Ya! I’m *** deep in it now!!, definitely no turning back, and my dumb *** had to do this 2 weeks before Carlisle.. Geeeezzz.

I’m feeling confident though, I’ve got all refurbished or new stuff going back in. All refurbished instrument cluster and gauges, the plastic gauge frame, Powder coated knee panel. Hope to have it all in by Saturday. might be a bit ambitious, but we’ll see.

View attachment 603939

View attachment 603940
How about an update on the dash.

Drove it to a local weekly car meet.
View attachment 603979
I'm pretty sure that Subaru Sambar is only a foot longer than my quarter panel lol

On the way home it started creeping at intersections and then the brake light came on. I still had brakes, but it would creep if I didn't keep a lot of pressure on the pedal. I don't see a leak, but haven't checked the brake cylinders yet. That said, I get the feeling I've either lost the brake booster, or vacuum to the booster.
The joys of 50 year old cars.
That's a cool split oval.
MC is suspect.

I actually did something today.

Pulled all 4 drums and checked the brakes.
Flushed some of the old fluid out. Have you ever done it. The fluid we sucked out of the master looked like cider vinegar.
Greased the front end.
Going to grease the universals next.

Getting ready for the ride to Carlisle.

Last edited:
Glory days boys, Glory days!! After a lot of aggravation, blood, sweat and beers, and creating a few curse words. Ginger is back together and ready for Carlisle. Still some fine-tuning to do here and there, but I’ll do that later.. everything works as it should, I checked as I went along, the radio is just a display for the time being, after the show I’ll pull new wires and add the new speakers, wires, and such to get that up and operational ..want to give a hardy “Thank You” to the fellas that have been routing me on and helping me with the nit picky technical stuff through PM’s and txts. If I NEVER had to do that again, it would be too soon. I’m too old for this ****. Lol.

Also, a quick shout to the shops that have had their hands on restoring / supplying all these parts for me and they’re very fast turnaround times.
*Instrument Specialties in Rhode Island.
* Gotham Powder coating , Bronx, New York.
* Barry’s 8 Track in Arizona.
* (The Man) Murray Parks, Ohio.

IMG_3935.jpeg

IMG_3932.jpeg

IMG_3933.jpeg

IMG_3930.jpeg

IMG_3927.jpeg

IMG_3928.jpeg

IMG_3929.jpeg

IMG_3931.jpeg

Back